Old 01-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #1  
just starting WonderSlim

S/C/G: 290/ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Question who brings a blender to work?

I'm about to start the WonderSlim diet (similar to New Lifestyle Diet, Medifast, etc) and know I'll need to have a couple shakes/smoothies in the office. I know there are the "shaker" style cups that can blend it somewhat.... but I am interested in being able to make a shake in a real blender that can crush ice. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good personal (or smallish) blender that is somewhat portable and won't make a huge mess?

My office has several kitchens, so I'd probably just lug it back and forth a couple times a day..

Thanks in advance
roxy road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

What about the "Magic Bullet"? They have different sizes. Might be good for bringing to work.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:18 PM   #3  
Workin' It

The Magic Bullet is great, and compact. There is also a Hamilton Beach Smoothie Blender that is compact and works really well - one of my husband's coworkers makes smoothies at his desk every day in one.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275/142/150

Height: 5'11"

I have a mini cuisinart that crushes ice really well. It's pretty compact too.
jessisaokay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I have a Magic Bullet and absolutely love it! It is compact enough that you would easily be able to bring and use it at work. With my past experience with Medifast, using ice is key to making the shakes taste good! I saw the Magic Bullet at Costco within the last few months, but am not sure if they still have it in stock. Bed, Bath and Beyond had them too, and if you get it there you can use a 20% off coupon.

The Magic Bullet is a little expensive, but be careful if you try to find a cheaper alternative. I tried a $15 name brand mini blender from Wal-Mart a while back, and it was horable and I ending up returning it. Same thing for a mini-blender that I got from Walgreen's. I have heard good things about the "Back to Basics" brand, so that may be a lower cost alternative if you need to go that route.

Good luck!
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 245 / 185 / 130

Height: 5' 6"

I brought a Magic Bullet to my office. I have actually left it in one of the 293875 cupboards (approximately) and so far nobody's swiped it. I work on a quieter floor and did etch my name into it, stuck a label with my office details, and keep it in a random unused cupboard, so there's that.

I like adding crushed ice to my shakes and although I only have to blend for 30 seconds, that noise is enough to be REALLY annoying to my coworkers . Soooo, to the breakroom / lunchroom it is!
losingitandlosingitwell is offline   Reply With Quote