3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/161434-im-new-looking-others-who-eat-every-3-hours.html)

delafax 01-13-2009 05:26 PM

I'm new & looking for others who eat EVERY 3 HOURS

I have done this in the past and it works for me. By eating every 3 hours I lost over 50 pounds in 2007. My mother became ill and died in 2008 so needless to say I gained weight.
I began eating every 3 hours again on Jan 1, 2009. As of today I have lost 8 pounds. I have been on "diets" during my life and that's what they were..diets.
I have searched the forums and haven't been able to find an area for people who eat every 3 hours. Is there a place? If not, I would like to meet others who are losing weight by increasing their metabolism by eating every 3 hours.
Thanks,
Marge

Snoopysgirl 01-13-2009 07:00 PM

I have lost weight in the past through a method similar to this.

Redneck Charger 01-16-2009 05:58 AM

This is the way I am trying to diet this time around.. I'm trying to eat smaller amouts every three hours. And eating foods which are good for me. Seems to be working, started 2 weeks ago this sunday. Haven't got a scale, but measured my stomach when I first started, it was 48" and then last sunday it was 46".. So something is working.. Having a bit of a hard time with life right now.. but trying.. ;)

Beautiful Ace 01-16-2009 06:09 AM

Wooh, back on the wagon and read to go. I haven't tried this specifically but my diet pretty much runs in cycles of three hours give or take, and i've lost 20-22 lbs thus far!!

Redneck Charger 01-16-2009 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beautiful Ace (Post 2555094)
Wooh, back on the wagon and read to go. I haven't tried this specifically but my diet pretty much runs in cycles of three hours give or take, and i've lost 20-22 lbs thus far!!

Then.. there's hope.. Good Luck to ya...:hug:

beerab 01-16-2009 02:49 PM

I try my best to do the same thing- in my food journal I write the time I eat, what I eat, and the calories. Overall I get in something every 3-4 hours.

I have heard of the "three hour diet" before though- before I used to go 6+ huors without eating- BAD BAD BAD!

Beautiful Ace 01-16-2009 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneck Charger (Post 2555100)
Then.. there's hope.. Good Luck to ya...:hug:

You too! Looking forward to seeing your progress.

migotokokoro 01-17-2009 12:55 AM

Well this is day four of eating every three hours. I've been doing alright and avoiding my food cravings for the most part. I at least haven't gone on any crazy binges. I have snacked, but I still managed to avoid eating a large portion and I avoided CHOCOLATE!!! ^_^ This is day two of no sweets at all. No chocolate, candy, ice cream. Nothing at all. It's exciting that I've done this. I'm going to start weighing in every Saturday morning from now on. So the morning of day five... I doubt I've lost anything... :P It seems like I've hit a 200lbs platue ever since I got this large. If I can get past that 200lbs mark I'm sure the lbs will start coming off easier.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Redneck Charger 01-17-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by migotokokoro (Post 2557023)
Well this is day four of eating every three hours. I've been doing alright and avoiding my food cravings for the most part. I at least haven't gone on any crazy binges. I have snacked, but I still managed to avoid eating a large portion and I avoided CHOCOLATE!!! ^_^ This is day two of no sweets at all. No chocolate, candy, ice cream. Nothing at all. It's exciting that I've done this. I'm going to start weighing in every Saturday morning from now on. So the morning of day five... I doubt I've lost anything... :P It seems like I've hit a 200lbs platue ever since I got this large. If I can get past that 200lbs mark I'm sure the lbs will start coming off easier.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Well you are nearly there.. keep up the good work.. good luck!:carrot:

delafax 01-17-2009 12:16 PM

Hello All,
As of today I have lost 10.6 pounds since Jan 1, 09. I am doing great at eating every 3 hours and I feel like I am eating too much everyday but the weight is coming off.
I have not restricted any foods. If I want it I eat it. I discovered long ago that if you restrict a food then you end up craving it and in the long run you end up eating it and ususally way too much of it and then there goes all of your hard work. ( Wow - that was a run on sentence lol)
Sometimes I also drink a cup of hot tea 15-20 minutes before a meal. It helps to make me feel full.

Redneck Charger - How often do you weigh yourself?

Beautiful Ace - So how many meals do you have a day? I end up having 5.

Beerab - I can't wait to get my ticker.. I like yours.

Migotokokoro - I found out about a chocolate bar that is suppose to be ok to eat and from what I hear it tastes good too. As soon as I find it I'll let you know. I think Trader Joe's carries it.

migotokokoro 01-17-2009 04:25 PM

Well... My body keeps fluctuating... I am like 206-207lbs... It's been doing this for weeks it feel like... I may just go get a cup of coffee or something then have breakfast.

I've heard that dark chocolate is better for you than regular chocolate because they put less sugar in it. :P I like dark chocolate, and I have to eat it slower. I can't chew it because it's bitter, but sucking on dark chocolate is really good.

delafax 01-17-2009 09:36 PM

Yes, try drinking some hot tea before your meals. I eat less after drinking it.

Well I went to Trader Joe's today and they did not have the chocolate bar I was looking for. I also stopped at a local co-op that has organic foods etc and it was there. It's a dark organic chocolate. It's too late tonight for me to try it so I will probably have some tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think of it then I'll tell you the name of it.

heather88 01-17-2009 09:40 PM

Yes, I eat every 2-3 hours:
1. To keep myself full, and not craving naughty things
2. To make sure I reach my calories for the day
3. To keep my metabolism constantly working.

I've lost 10lbs since dec.26, and its the first "diet" I've ever been able to keep up with.

delafax 01-17-2009 10:23 PM

Heather88 - Ten pounds is great!! Do you find that eating every three hours helps to stop binge eating episodes?

heather88 01-17-2009 10:31 PM

Well, if I forget to snack on healthy things in between meals I have cravings for some really bad stuff, and it is hard to overcome if at all. So, I think that eating every 2-3 hours is important to keep from binge eating and eating bad foods.

nicki rose98 01-17-2009 11:46 PM

I don't purposely do this...like watching the clock. But I do eat six small meals a day which breaks up to about the same.

delafax 01-18-2009 10:50 AM

Nicki
Is that how you are losing weight - by eating 6 meals a day? Have you done this before to drop weight?
People stress eating 3 meals and 2 snacks but I found that doesn't work for me. I spread my food intake for the day out evenly into 5 meals. I don't count calories or anything but just making healthier choices. When I had a salad yesterday I ate a wheat roll instead of white.

migotokokoro 01-18-2009 02:47 PM

I've been eating every three hours for four days now and I've lost a total of four pounds so far!! ^_^ I haven't had any candy, chocolate, ice cream, none of it! Four whole pounds! ^_^I'm four pounds more from being under 200lbs!! I haven't been under 200lbs for months now and this is very exciting to me. ^_^_^_^_^_^

delafax 01-18-2009 04:38 PM

Migo - Wow so eating every 3 hours seems to be working for you!! I bought that chocolate bar I was telling you about. It's 3.5 oz and cost over $2.50 or so. It's organic and is a dark chocolate. To my surprise it's not bad!! So my idea is if I do crave chocolate I will just have a small piece. (Not because of the calories but because of the cost) It's called Green & Blacks.
Keep up the good work!

michelle7 01-18-2009 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heather88 (Post 2558392)
Yes, I eat every 2-3 hours:
1. To keep myself full, and not craving naughty things
2. To make sure I reach my calories for the day
3. To keep my metabolism constantly working.

I've lost 10lbs since dec.26, and its the first "diet" I've ever been able to keep up with.

Those are my reasons too! I have lost almost 50 pounds since last May doing this. Love it because I am constantly eating!

bargoo 01-18-2009 07:14 PM

I also do the 3 hour thing, breakfast, snack,lunch, snack. dinner, snack, This keeps me from becoming ravenous and eating anything that doesn't move.

delafax 01-18-2009 09:32 PM

bargoo - I see you have been a member since 2006. So is there a forum or area on 3FC that is specific for people who eat every 3 hours? I am new to this site and haven't seen one yet.

bargoo 01-18-2009 10:42 PM

I don't know of a forum especially for those who eat every 3 hours but I know many who do, they are scattered around in different forums.

Redneck Charger 01-19-2009 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delafax (Post 2557589)
Redneck Charger - How often do you weigh yourself?

Hi.. I don't have a scale yet.. But do measure myself once a week with a tape measure.. Started 2 weeks ago yesterday, started with a waist measurement of 48.. and right this moment it is..46" So I have lost 2" in two weeks..;)

lumifan4ever 01-19-2009 03:47 PM

I'm sure there are lots of people who eat every 2-3 hours. I'm a calorie counter and i eat every 2-3 hours. I have my breakfast between 8:30 and 9am. I have a snack around 11:30-noon, i have lunch at 1pm. Then another snack around 4:30-5pm...then i go home and have dinner around 6:30-7pm. I find that if i have snacks in between my meals, i don't get that starving feeling. But i try to make sure they are healthy, filling snacks but low in calories. My meals are usually high in protein too. I love egg white omelets w/fat free cheese and a slice of deli turkey...lunch is a can of albacore tuna and sugar free pickle cubes and dinner is usually some sort of chicken. I have yogurts and bannanas and low fat popcorn as my snacks alot of times. I eat around 1200-1300 calories a day and drink 60-80 ounces of water a day. I drink 2 travel mugs of coffee a day too. I use splenda and sugar free creamers. I just started back on my "diet" and i'm not getting any excersize at the moment, so it's a little slow going. But i have done this successfully twice before and lost 63 pounds. Now, i am back to drop the 24 i put back on from being careless and hopefully drop just a couple more and be at my goal.

flatiron 01-20-2009 06:42 PM

I think you'll find a lot of dieters or people trying to lose weight will eat smaller and more frequent meals.

When I was at my biggest I ate only two times a day many times. No breakfast then a big lunch which would make me not hungry until late like after 7 or 8pm and by then I was starving and I would eat a HUGE meal.

I work for myself so I kinda keep a weird schedule but I probably eat about every 4 hours with two snacks in between where ever I need them.

So far it is working for me.

I have roamed all over this site and I have not seen a forum just for people who eat every 3 hours.

Macomom 01-21-2009 07:51 AM

I also eat every 2-3 hours. I also use a technique called "front loading" where I eat my big meal at breakfast or lunch and taper off. My supper is usually really light. I find this is effective for me and works with the natural timing of my body. If I don't eat small frequent meals I get some unpleasant symptoms like headaches and issues with my vision (I am hypoglycemic).
I have also started removing all sugar, and most processed carbs from my diet, getting most of my carbs from fruit and veg. I feel so much better and my mood and energy have also levelled out preventing me from feeling starved.

Bev 01-21-2009 09:58 AM

I have also looking for a thread for others who are eatting everyone 3 hours to lose weight.

mamabear 01-21-2009 03:33 PM

Hey eveyone I am new at this whole 3 hour thing but I am so ready started tues. but have been going to the gym every day for an hou atleast so here I go

delafax 01-21-2009 07:18 PM

Well since there doesn't seem to be a thread for people who eat every three hours I guess this can be it. I've received PMs from a few people who either do this as their plan or eat every three hours incorporated into their "plan" Whatever the case may be for someone, I think the main idea to eating every three hours is to keep your metabolism running. I used to feel ups and downs ( I guess from my sugar levels) but I haven't had that feeling since I started eating ever three hours.
Oh yeah..this morning I was able to put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since 2007.
Mamabear - I haven't started working out yet but I plan to get a Bowflex soon. The gym is too far for me to go to.
Redneck - two inches..that's GREAT!!! Way to go!

Bev 01-21-2009 08:50 PM

I started eatting every three hours today and I was suprised I didn't have any really cravings for junk food. Today was my cardio day so that is done. Tomorrow I will have a long day at work so I have to make sure I make enough food.

Bev

nicki rose98 01-22-2009 11:18 AM

Bev- I have the same problem when I have long days. LOL. I have to pack my entire fridge! LOL. But I don't find myself so hungry

delafax 01-23-2009 07:48 PM

Bev - How are you doing with eating every three hours? I've been doing it since Jan 1st and I can't believe how much more energy I have.

Bev 01-23-2009 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delafax (Post 2571738)
Bev - How are you doing with eating every three hours? I've been doing it since Jan 1st and I can't believe how much more energy I have.

I am doing pretty well eatting every three hours. It really has helped with my cravings. I believe this is something I can really stick with.

Bev

delafax 01-26-2009 06:48 PM

Hello Everyone,
Just checking in to see how everyone is doing? I am amazed how I don't have cravings and I haven't overeaten or binged since I started eating every 3 hours.
I'm eating 5 meals during the day when I work and then on the weekends I manage 4 meals. I like to sleep late on Sat and Sun.
I have lost almost 15 pounds. I should be able to put a weight ticker in my signature line soon....can't wait.

Platinum 01-26-2009 07:04 PM

delafax that is awesome. do u keep track of calories or do u just eat whatever every 3 hours. I am going to try this as all my other 'diet' attempts have failed. I do get really hungry because i go too long without eating. I am also having energy problems and feel tired and unmotivated. How soon did you notice the increase in energy? I just always forget to eat... maybe I should get a watch with a beeper on it. Good luck just 10 more and you'll be under that 200 mark!!!!

delafax 01-26-2009 07:30 PM

I don't count calories or anything. I have tried "diets" in the past and lost weight but then put it back on and then some. I feel like I am basically eating the same amount of food but just spreading it out throughout the day. Of course I am more mindful of what I am eating. But...I am not pigging out, eating too much or binge eating anymore because afterall I eat every three hours. I did switch from Coke to Coke Zero. I am also drinking hot tea. I'd rather drink hot tea than cold water right now. That's the only changes to what I eat I have made. I haven't exercised yet but plan to start in a month or two.
Within one week - I noticed I had more energy, feel better and my mood is better. I don't need a nap after work anymore. The absolute best part is I feel like I eat plenty and this is something I CAN do for the rest of my life.
One more thing I noticed..it has evened out my sugar or insulin levels and I don't feel the ups and downs like I used to feel after eating a meal. Seems like I would crash and the only way to feel better was to eat again.
I eat breakfast at 7am, lunch one at 10am, lunch two at 1pm, dinner one at 4 pm and dinner two at 7pm. I think too much about food to forget about eating..LOL

nicki rose98 01-26-2009 11:13 PM

i don't like to say i'm "dieting". i am involved in a lifestyle change. how i am eating now is how i plan to eat for the rest of my life. healthier choices and exercising to take care of myself. it is always good to eat many small meals throughout the day.

Platinum 01-28-2009 01:11 AM

darnit, i didn't do it today... i'm so lazy... I have food in my fridge but I just wander into the kitchen don't want to make anything and wander out than was so hungry later I ate a whole Totino's pizza. duh, I need to make a super conveinent grocery list so when I stock up I can have pre portioned foods ready to go and my lazy butt won't have an excuse. I did this one time and got the individual portion veggie packs, apple slices, fruit cups, yogurt, even single portion chips to go with my premade sandwhiches or whatever my meal is. I have read so many times about eating smaller mini meals and you will lose weight. I usually just eat 2 big meals a day, but I guess I do snack and munch on crap too.

I am going to start making a conscious effort to eat every 2-3hours 5-6x a day. I usually don't wake up till 10, I work 2nd shift... so I will try to eat at 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm & 10pm. Hmmm... maybe I'll have to adjust that a little for 6 meals. Or I'll just start trying to get in 5 and then add a 6th mini-meal after I get used to doing this. I really need some energy, I've just been draggin at work and I'm worried about my performance.

I like that idea of calling it Lunch 1 & 2... reminds of LOTR when the hobbits are talking about 2nd Breakfast. Hee-Hee! I'll have my 1st Breakfast, My 2nd Breakfast, My 1st Lunch, My 2nd Lunch & My Dinner!!! :) Maybe if I think about it like that it will be 'funner' to eat and plan my meals, cuz I usually dread it and get frustrated and just eat whatever.

Redneck Charger 01-28-2009 08:53 AM

Still eating five times a day.. sumtimes 6.. and haven't had any junk food, fast food.. and feel so much better.. this Sunday will be a month.. I'll let you know what I am down to...:dizzy: