3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Valentine's Day Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/159978-valentines-day-challenge.html)

LadyZaidi 01-05-2009 08:06 AM

I'll jump on board this one. 10 pounds by Valentine's Day.

1/03 172
1/10 167
1/17
1/24
1/31
2/07
2/14

susanwmsrn 01-05-2009 08:54 AM

i'm in goal 12 pounds

thats 2 pounds a week
1/5 172

jcap36 01-05-2009 09:30 AM

I just started doing the take off this morning...weighing in at 197.8.....come on 180's...... CANT WAIT !!!
This is my first time doing the takeoff without the juice from the COD. I'm trying it with the oranges, and i do have enough LA lites left over from my last takeoff, so hopefully it'll work out well for me. See what happens on Wednesday morning, i guess....lol.

amylou7777 01-05-2009 11:22 AM

Hi Vday Challengers!

So my "official" w/i day is Tuesdays-but I got a sneak peak today and things are looking good! I've walked 8miles since Jan 1st! My goal is to complete 12 miles by Friday. I feel SO good. I've done 6 miles with Leslie and 2 miles on the treadmill yesterday (first time back at the gym in a LONG time).

My food choices could be a lot better, so I'm really going to work on getting my portions under control today.

Monday goals: measure everything and walk at least 2 miles.

Have a great week everybody, I'll update tomorrow with a new weight!

amylou7777 01-05-2009 11:27 AM

Kim-I just saw your updated w/i-YEAH!!!!! 3 lbs is amazing. You must have had a great weekend!

Stephanie- I can't believe how much you have lost. Keep it up girl and let this challenge motivate you to fit into those skinny jeans!

WFaith-wow!! I'm glad you have Leslie too. I've been so motivated by her DVDs. I actually just rented a couple off of blockbuster online. I'm so excited I can switch them up! Keep up the great work!

Hi Susan, Lady and Jcap! Gl this week!

PS-is everyone tuning in to TBL this week? I just saw a "super tease" on you tube and I'm totally ready to be motivated by the show!

Kim-do you still do your commercial exercises during TBL?

cecil 01-05-2009 12:14 PM

Ohhh! I am sooo excited for Biggest Loser! I think I should stay at the gym for the whole show on Tuesdays! HA!

bradleys mom 01-05-2009 02:24 PM

Amy, I didnt last season b/c I was pregnant.. I spent commercials looking for junk food! LMBO! But I am sitting here at work making out a routine for tomorrow's big Season Premier!! I will share it with you all once I get it done!

bradleys mom 01-05-2009 03:05 PM

These are the exercises that I usually do during my Biggest Loser commercial breaks. I just repeat them until the show is over.

Start off the first commercial walking to warm up, dont wanna pull any muscles!

Squatkicks - Stand with feet shoulder width apart, squat down, kick up alternating legs. To make more intense add a punch with the arm opposite the leg that is kicking.

Lunges - Front, Side or alternate both, you can also use hand weights (or I use cans of soup) and bicep curls, to make more intense.

Knee lifts - pretty self explanatory, elbow to opposite knee(Think Y-M-C-A! lol) , dont limit your range of movement. Stand with feet spread further apart to make more intense.

You can also do some floor exercises like situps, and pushups but I try to refrain from these (especially this soon after having a c-section!)

If you have any ideas please share!!

chubsTN 01-05-2009 03:11 PM

I'll join y'all! High fives all around to a great and sexy 2009!

LadyZaidi 01-06-2009 08:35 AM

I'm forcing myself to wait until Saturday to change my ticker, but let's just say SO FAR SO GOOD! It's nice to see the scale inching down again. I haven't gone off plan, especially in the evenings when I was doing the most damage before. Have a great day everyone. Let's stay POP! Woo Hoo!

jewljz 01-06-2009 01:40 PM

I'm in for this challenge - of course my goal will be the same as the last 2 challenges - to be at goal! So that's 8lbs... The difference this time will be that I AM going to exercise! I got a DVR especially for that reason!

Start
1/5/09 134 goal this week is to workout 4 times - 1 down already - and to make it through take off without dying or cheating :)
1/12/09 Goal 132
1/19/09
1/26/09
2/2/09
2/9/09
2/12/09

Lets do this!

amylou7777 01-06-2009 08:57 PM

Wow Julie-you are SO close! You can do this. I love your mini goals. This is the month!

Dairy Fairy 01-07-2009 12:31 AM

I'm in! I'll do 11 lbs by feb 14- I need to weigh myself tomorrow morning to get an idea of where to start my ticker. Thanks for starting this thread---the holiday challenges kept me going last time and I love how people just compete for themselves and not AGAINST each other.

jcap36 01-07-2009 12:40 PM

Well folks, Just wanted to let you guys know that the Takeoff with the oranges worked VERY well for me. I did it monday/tuesday, and I weighed in this morning 3.8 lbs lighter. I AM THRILLED !!! I wasnt sure how it was going to work, because this is my first time trying it with the substitute, but I have to say I am very pleased with the results. Its a great kick-start to my Valentine Challenge.

Dairy Fairy 01-07-2009 03:12 PM

Ok, I weighed this morning and I was 200 lbs. Good news: short trip to onederland. Bad news: I weigh 200 lbs. This means I need to be 189 by Valentine's. I am not doing Takeoff because I need to start slow and my hubby gives me a lot of grief when I do TO...but he is going out of town next weekend so I might do limited TO when he is away.