Old 11-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #1  
JHG

S/C/G: 216/201/150

Height: 5'8"

Default why am I not losing?

I am wondering if any LAWL participants out there are having trouble. I have been on the frogram for 10 weeks and I am only down 5 pounds. Every time I go to the center, they ask the same questions (are you weighing and measuring everything? Are you writing everything down?) when I tell them yes, they say well... you must be retaining water. FOR 10 WEEKS!!!! I don't think so!!

anyway... I want to know if anyone else has had this struggle and what they were able to do to start losing. I swear it is going to drive me insane if they tell me I am just retaining water again!!
JHG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 PM   #2  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 216/208/140

I have some questions for you, probably before anyone can answer your questions. Of course, your COD has probably asked you all these questions, so bear with me...
Which plan are you on (with or without lites)?
Are you exercising? If so, how many hours per week? And if yes then you might be losing inches, not pounds.
What types of foods are you eating? That is, are you eating lots of processed foods?
Are you getting your starches and fruits in before 2-3 pm?
Are you eating several mini-meals per day, vs 1-3 large meals?
Are you changing things up at all? If you have only been eating chicken, add some beef or pork to see if that helps.
Try eating citrus or melon fruits.
Try eating only starchy vegetables vs breads, pasta, etc.
Are you drinking all your water?
Try eating with the fire/kindling principle (I had this in my sent messages, but found it on this forum - so don't know who to credit):
Fire (protein, fat and dairy) and Wind (starches, veggies, and fruit - carbs!) The analogy is that fire stokes your metabolism; wind puts it out. Together, the wind fans the flame and makes your metabolism burn at its best. You can do what works for you as long as you pair the two. You don't want wind alone ever. You can do dairy alone, but that really it works best if you have a little of each to balance things out.

Of course, I thought of a couple more questions before I started my list...

Last edited by whatazoo; 11-08-2008 at 07:58 PM. Reason: remembered one thing...
whatazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #3  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

JHG- another question to answer is if you have any medical problems that could hinder weight loss. Have you had your thyroid checked lately?

You could also post a few days of your diary for for some of us that have been around here forever to check out.

If it was only 2 or 3 weeks, I would tell you to be patient a little while longer, but you should have started losing regularly by now.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:54 PM   #4  
JHG

I am on plan #2 with lites. I excercise 4-5 days a week, 2-3 days we walk 4miles in 1 hour, the other 2-3 days we weight lift and then finish the hour with cardio (usually with the wii, my sister-in-law does it with me so after we lift weights we will either do the partner run on wii fit or outdoor challenge. I know that sounds funny but they are both good, and it is fun to change it up!) I am loosing inches, but really 5 pounds! at some point the weight has to come off too!!

I don't eat a lot of processed foods, but I do opt for quick foods a lot because I am always on the go. my protiens are mostly egg whites, chicken and peanut butter, but as for the rest of the stuff you suggested I have never heard any of it.

I do eat mini meals throughout the day, I get in trouble for not eating everything on the plan. I usually get it all in, but when you get home at 10pm and I still have a fruit or dairy or whatever, I don't see how eating that late can bennifit me.

I will try some of your suggestions and see how that works!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

I think you are not eating enough. For comparison, I started @ 170 and was put on plan 2 with lites and the first 20 came off super quick, now I have hit a plateu but that's a whole other story. I just switched to plan 1 with lites but because I excersise they added a half protien and an extra dairy. Maybe you are starving yourself without realizing? I hope it comes off soon for you! Stick with it and you will succeed as with anything in life
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:56 PM   #6  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Yeah I started on Plan 3 with lites I started at 204 as well. I didn't move down to plan 2 till I got to like 180? I think? So I agree with Erin I don't think you are eating enough either especially with all the activity you have going on. You should ask about that at the COD.
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

I agree with Erin and Cecilia- I would say you should be on plan 3, especially since you are exercising around 5+ hrs a week. I know LA doesn't think in calories, but maybe you could put your daily intake into a site like fitday or something and actually see what you are getting, you may not be getting enough which may throw your body into starvation mode and it will hold onto everything. When you say you don't get all your food in, are you talking 1 thing or 4 things? It could really make a difference.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #8  
nothing can stop me.

S/C/G: 260/249/160

Height: 6.00

keep on trying you will get there.
smyrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #9  
JHG

thanks for all the support, I really appreciate everything. When I miss food it is usually just one item, like 1/2 protien, or one fruit, or somthing like that. I will keep working on it. I think this site will really help. I wish I would have looked earier today (before I ate that cookie!)

I have a question and I am wondering if this is allowed. I really want my sister in law to do this diet with me, but she can't afford it, she has type 2 diabetes and weighs about 290 pounds. does anyone know what her program would be?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:57 PM   #10  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Red plus -but I'm not sure if their are special considerations for type 2 diabetes. . .
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #11  

Default Eat everything on your plan

Though I can't tell you what plan you should be using, I can tell you from experience that you need to eat everything on your plan each day. It also might matter when you are eating. For example, when I find myself eating most of my food in the late afternoons and evenings (when I have the time to think about eating), I find that my weight tends to go up. I've also found that if I don't eat everything on my plan, unbelievably, my weight tends to go up.
Keep at it! Your weight will go down. If anyone else hasn't suggested it, try taking your measurements, you might be gaining muscle weight, but you should still be seeing a loss. For me, sometimes that way I can kick a weight loss start again is by doing take off. You might consider that too.
goalsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:04 AM   #12  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Just a hint from my experience.. I don't loose while using peanut butter or nuts as protein. Good luck and hope something works for you.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:00 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 177/155.00/135

Height: 5.0

Another point I heard in my COD it is that the program warranty weight loss if you only follow the plan. Even, if you do not exercise.
Carolita is offline   Reply With Quote