Old 09-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #1  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Smile I sighed (after eating enough)

Nobody I know would understand being excited about this, but I figure someone here might get it.

Today I went out to eat. I saw that the portions were way too big for a meal, so right away I asked for a takeout box for part of it. Then, I ate slowly and paid attention to my body and how full I felt. At one point, I heaved this huge, satisfied sigh. I'd read about how you can tell you're ready to stop eating because you sigh, but I'd forgotten about it until that moment. And I did feel good. Just full enough, not too little or too much. It was less food than I thought it would be, which is great.

I was just so surprised and pleased that I had to share.
Ufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:53 AM   #2  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
At one point, I heaved this huge, satisfied sigh. I'd read about how you can tell you're ready to stop eating because you sigh... And I did feel good. Just full enough, not too little or too much.
It's a great feeling isn't it? Congrats on your "sigh" moment!
Manick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #3  
frustrated foodie

S/C/G: 237/223/size 10/12

Height: 5'5.5"

I hadn't heard about the "sigh" moment before-I'm definitely going to watch for it during my meals!
owlmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:07 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3"

I've been paying attention to my 'sigh' moments too.

I have been assuming this is our bodies' way of letting us know when we have had enough to eat.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #5  

Cool! How great that you noticed!

Sometimes, it's just a little sigh... Years ago, I read someplace to "listen for the sigh." Sometimes I eat too fast for it to happen, and sometimes I eat past it to finish what's on my plate, but it's definitely one of the signs that your tummy (if not your head) is satisfied.

Another sign -- back when I was a more normal weight, BF (now ex-DH) could tell when I was done before I could. Apparently if I started moving food around the plate at all without taking a bite, my next step was to say I'd had enough.
Havasu is offline   Reply With Quote