Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Question Am I too naive about fat?

Here is my Monday question!!!
I was bad last week, not too bad, but didn’t stick with my plan.
After eat lots of sweet at my in-laws, thursday night, I also went to an Italian fast on Saturday (lunch time) and had a delicious lasagna with bread and butler plus ice-cream.
After that only had fruit for dinner. So I went to the gym Sunday morning and didn’t gain anything. I was so happy!!! Kept on plan for the whole day and had to share the news with my bf. He then told me it didn’t catch up with me yet and that food take a while to get in our body and make us fat.
Is it true??? and if it is, how long does it take? How long should I wait till I see the results of a food binge into my scale?
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:16 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Well, yes your boyfriend is right. Food doesn't metabolize to fat overnight. It could take 3 or 4 days for excess calories to show up as fat. There's no real timeline to how long it takes - it varies for everyone.

However, it's entirely possible that you won't gain weight from your day out. Remember that you have to eat 3500 calories over and above your maintenance calories to gain 1 lb.

If you ate that much, but then continued to be on plan the rest of the week, your body would still be in a calorie deficit overall. You might wind up never seeing the rise in the scale. Or you might wind up stalling for a week and not losing, but not gaining, either.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:25 AM   #3  
starting over again

I agree with PhotoChick. When I go off plan for a meal or two I usually stall for a week. And even if you do gain a pound or two, you just get back on plan and move forward. I wouldn't worry about it.
Marms is offline   Reply With Quote