3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Snack-All-Day Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/150866-snack-all-day-diet.html)

ToutDeSuite 09-14-2008 07:05 PM

My net loss (I gained back some -- long story, but suffice it to say, I had a broken heart) is 92 lbs. And I want to lose another 80 lbs.

carolr3639 09-15-2008 05:26 PM

Wow! That is great!

ToutDeSuite 09-15-2008 07:23 PM

Thanks -- I give all the credit to God! It's a miracle -- an answer to prayer -- a diet that's perfect for me.

carolr3639 09-16-2008 01:27 PM

Yes, God deserves all the credit, doesn't he?

ToutDeSuite 09-16-2008 08:23 PM

Yep!

ToutDeSuite 09-18-2008 10:26 AM

I can't believe how rich tasting Hills Bros. Double Chocolate Mocha Cappucino mix is! So rich, it tastes like a chocolate milkshake (when made in the blender with milk, ice, and Splenda). Mmmm!!! I can't believe I'm on a diet!!!

ToutDeSuite 10-12-2009 09:33 AM

New snacks to add to the list:

1. Fage yogurt w/ fruit (I add 1 Tbsp or so of Starbucks sugar-free caramel syrup and a dash of cinnamon with fresh peaches or blueberries and Splenda)

2. Bolthouse Farms Cappuccino (has 10 gm protein per cup)

3. Shirataki Alfredo (Adapted from Hungry Girl's recipe: make the sauce with 2 Tbsp fat-free half and half, 2 Tbsp grated parmesan, 1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedge, some garlic, a itsy bitsy pinch of nutmeg, dash of garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste) -- add chicken, crab, or shrimp for a meal

4. Apple & Cheese (Or baked apple with melted cheese on it)

5. Tzatziki w/ pita

6. Jell-O Sugar-Free Temptations Mousse (Mmmmm!!!!) with sugar-free whipped cream

7. Banana Bread

Recipes

Banana Bread

Ingredients (makes 16 small slices):

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 cup liquid egg whites
3 tbsp. Promise Light Buttery Spread
1/4 cup applesauce
2 medium very ripe mashed bananas

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients :) You know the drill. I left my batter a little lumpy because I wanted to be able to see some banana chunks in the bread. Then I poured it into a greased springform pan and baked it at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes (depending on the oven). The bread should be a golden brown color and cooked around the edges. Nutrition Information per slice - 60 calories

Shirataki Noodles
This is how I prepare it. Several hours to days before preparing, drain and rinse well. Place in fresh water in an airtight sealed container in refrigerator. Repeat draining and rinsing several times.
Parboil noodles for about 3 minutes. Drain well, and place back into dry saucepan. Over medium-high to high heat, stir constantly until noodles resemble well drained pasta and are no longer soggy. If you skip this process noodles will be very soggy.

Bev 10-12-2009 05:39 PM

ToutDeSuite, You have been on this plan for a long time ( over a year). Are you still following it?

ToutDeSuite 10-12-2009 07:19 PM

Bev, after trying several other diets, I'm back on it. It's the only one that works for me.

Bev 10-12-2009 08:51 PM

ToutDeSuite, I am also going back on this plan. If you would like to chat I am here.

Bev

diane1224 10-12-2009 09:44 PM

Thanks for all the great ideas!

ToutDeSuite 11-08-2009 08:08 AM

Adding DiGiorno 200 calorie portion pizza to the list. They're awesome!

ToutDeSuite 11-08-2009 08:26 AM

A few more ideas:

Chicken Salad Sandwich
Chicken salad made with diced cooked chicken breast, green onions, celery, grapes or dried cranberries, and low-fat mayo. Serve on reduced calorie bread.

Club Sandwich
Sliced deli turkey (I like Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh)
2 slices crisp bacon
sliced tomato
lettuce
low calorie mayo
reduced calorie bread

Chicken Carbonara Shirataki
Make a sauce with 2 Tbsp fat-free half and half, 1 Tbsp grated parmesan, 1 Laughing Cow Light Cheese wedge (softened), some diced garlic, dash of garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste. Dilute with water or a little more FF half and half, if necessary. Stir in 1 Tbsp Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Bits. Add diced cooked chicken and mushrooms. Serve over shirataki noodles.

ToutDeSuite 11-08-2009 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bev (Post 2967800)
ToutDeSuite, I am also going back on this plan. If you would like to chat I am here.

Bev

Hi Bev, how are you doing? I'm sorry, I just got this message. I've never chatted before -- is there a chat room?

ToutDeSuite 11-08-2009 08:42 AM

Bean Burritos with FF refried beans, low calorie/carb whole wheat tortillas, low-fat cheese, green onion, and salsa.

I found some corn tortillas that are only 25 calories each! The brand is Tam-X-ico's. I make chicken enchilasgna with them (layer tortillas, low-fat cheddar, and enchlada sauces (I mix 1 can of green and 1 can of red)).