3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Snack-All-Day Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/150866-snack-all-day-diet.html)

ToutDeSuite 09-09-2008 05:25 PM

I believe what works is an individual thing, Almost40. What works for me or another may or may not work for you. Do give this plan a try, but if it doesn't work, NEVER give up. Keeping trying until you find something that does!

raw23 09-09-2008 05:27 PM

Wow, awesome link! Thanks!

carolr3639 09-09-2008 06:26 PM

This sounds a lot like intuitive eating....eating when you're hungry until you're satisfied. I eat like you describe and have lost about 30lb all the while taking prednisone with 30 to go. I'd still be above the 115 I weighed in hs but I'm sure everyone would think I was thin enough. ha! I'm 5ft. 4in. and almost 60 yr. old. I'm with you on chocolate but I know if I eat something often enough I really get tired of it.

Bev 09-09-2008 10:00 PM

I want to add that this plan is also working for me. I can't believe that I have not been binging or snacking endlessly at night or in the afternoon.

Bev

ToutDeSuite 09-10-2008 07:07 PM

I am so happy to hear it's working for you, Bev! I was binge eating too before I started this plan. I felt so out of control! But I think it's the combination of eating smaller portions (larger portions seem to trigger binge eating for me), and eating all the time. Like I said, if I feel hungry, which is rare, I know another meal is just around the corner!

I found some Hills Bros. cappucino mix today but I haven't tried it. I'll give you all my review when I do. I got the mocha flavor, but the english toffee flavor looks yummy too! And it's only 110 calories for 3 Tbsp.

ToutDeSuite 09-11-2008 07:56 AM

Come to find out, I had some Hills Bros. English Toffee cappucino in my cupboard. It's been awhile since I last had it, and I've only had it hot (made with water), but boy is it yummy! Next time I try it, I'll make it cold with milk and ice in the blender.

cynthi137 09-11-2008 12:14 PM

great ideas--thanks for the info

ToutDeSuite 09-12-2008 08:35 AM

Happy to help!

Bev 09-12-2008 04:16 PM

another good drink( I made it with milk) is General Internation on the go cafe mocha, Vanilla Latte, and hazelnut cappuccino.

ToutDeSuite 09-12-2008 04:44 PM

Mmmm... I used to be able to find the Caffe D'Vita in White Chocolate -- that's yummy too!

I made a very low calorie tamale pie for dinner tonight. Here's the recipe.

Brown 1 lb. extra lean ground beef with some onion (I used dried minced onion). When almost done, stir in 2/3 cup frozen corn kernels. Next add 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1 Tbsp taco seasoning mix, and 2 Tbsp. salsa. Pour this mixture into a pie plate or casserole dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Blend with a spoon, 1 pkg. Betty Crocker Authentic Cornbread and Muffin Mix with 2 egg whites and 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce. Spread cornbread mixture evenly over the top of the meat mixture. Bake at 350F degrees for 20 minutes.

Makes 6 servings at about 230 calories per serving.

ToutDeSuite 09-13-2008 09:46 AM

Is this plan still working for you, Bev? Anyone else? I've been on this plan for over 7 weeks now, and not only have I not cheated, but I haven't even felt like cheating. That's a miracle for me!

This chick will be on a cruise to the Bahamas (weather permitting) in 3 weeks. I'm planning to stick to this diet while on board. I'll be taking along my Odwalla bars, cappucino mix (I'll mix it with milk and pour over ice), and some peanut and almond M&Ms. I believe my only challenge will be the "chocolate buffet" but I've already decided that I will make some smart choices -- e.g., chocolate covered strawberries.

Bev 09-13-2008 04:32 PM

You are one strong women if you can stick to your plan while on a cruise. I am going on a cruise next summer and I will try my best but I am not kidding myself. I know I will gain weight on it. My cruise will be hard food wise because I am going with my whole family, All 21 of us.

I am doing ok- some days I make better food choices than others though. I need to do better since I want to lose about 20lbs for my cruise.

Are you counting calories as you work this plan?

Bev

ToutDeSuite 09-13-2008 06:00 PM

You can do it, Bev!

At first I thought I'd shoot for maintaining on the cruise -- neither gain or lose. But now, since I've been good for going on my 8th week, I don't want to cheat. So, I'm determined to stay on plan.

I shoot for 1200-1400 calories per day. On occasion, I have 1500 -- usually when I eat out which is rare.

ToutDeSuite 09-13-2008 06:01 PM

Oh, another tip -- in the beginning, I planned my day at the beginning of each day. But now that I'm used to eating this way, I plan as I go.

carolr3639 09-14-2008 03:56 PM

TDS, how much have you lost and how much do you still want to lose?