Old 07-29-2008, 01:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Need to lose a few pounds through sustainable means

Hi everyone! I am new to the boards, but certainly not to the dieting world. I am supposing this is as good a forum as any to post my intentions for accountability purposes.

After our newest precious family member arrived 3 months ago, I am left sitting on that extra 15 pounds that always needs to be 'worked' off. Low carb eating has never failed to work in the past but I have never started it this soon after a birth and anyway, I seem to gravitate toward obsession over every bite I put into my mouth. I really hate that. This time I want to try something a little different~Not focusing so much on overall carbs but just to manage sugar and junky starch carbs and really work on eating a lot of fruit and veggies along with my protein instead.
Since I am still nursing baby, this seems to be the most sane approach right now as it will help supply plenty of vitamins and minerals that I need.

Since I pretty much have an idea of what works for me --and it doesn't exactly fit any existing published program-- I mainly want to seek support in just eating healthier so I can properly fuel my body for the exercise that is also essential for me to be able to lose weight.

Thanks for reading this!
Heather73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/146/132

Height: 5'5"

You are on the right track!!! Watch the refined carbs, get in the extra protein and complex carbs, get out and sweat a bit and probably in about 2- 3 months you'll be in the good. Come over to calorie counters. We strive for a healthy weight loss, plenty of variety and support.
sumu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I hope that you also check out our pregnant/nursing forum. There are lots of women there who are nursing, and trying to lose their baby weight.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 159/159/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you! I will have to check into both of those forums soon. There is a lot to see around here
Heather73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:06 AM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I remember eating Hostess Ding Dongs when I was nursing to try and boost my milk production- LOL!
I think all it did was make my rear end larger !

It sounds like you want to eat sensibly. I would offer that you just watch your portion sizes. That seems to be a BIG problem in our society today.
However, I'm sure you know that you need extra calories for nursing.

Best wishes
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote