Old 07-14-2008, 01:35 PM   #1  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

Default plan 6 help... please and a vent...

Is there anyone here on plan 6? I was just bumped up friday and have really been struggling. I was already working hard to get 7 starches in and now I have 9. my husband and I joke that I need to take time off work to just eat.

Very frustrated with being bumped up from the 5 plan. my cod had a company trainer in on friday and she was "personality plus" and insisted on moving my plan up.

She was also really loud about how much I weigh, she was in the front office which is right next to the lobby. My husband, who comes in for support heard everything and he was sitting on the other side of the office. I have never told him what I weigh. I have it posted here, but that is different. I know I have a long way to go, but I also know that I'm serious this time about getting there.
Okay, sorry for the book. But any menu advice would be great and if you get all your starches in before dinner - I would LOVE to hear how you do that.
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170.4 / TICKER / 150

Height: 5'6

Wow that was very inconsiderate of her to announce your weight like that. Noone wants that regardless of how much they want to lose. I would have been embarassed and upset. As far as the starches I find using regular bread works to use them up quickly, like 2 pc toast for breaky, a grahm cracker mid morn with snack, a sandwich for lunch, 3 c smartpop mid aft snack and you are at 6 already. Good luck!
erin1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Aim for the lower calories starch selections. Since they generally have a fairly large range. If you go with 9 50 calorie starches, that is just 450 calories.. versus 9 100 calorie selections which would be 900 calories. At least on the old plans 100 calories was about the max that they would consider one starch... I think they've gotten more generous, but I think if you went a little "old school" and started counting any thing that was 50 calories worth of starch as 1 serving, that the COD would likely be OK with it.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/231/151

Height: 5'2

Dh is on plan 6 as well. We just stared LAWL but right now he has at least one starch a meal/snack. His easiest way of getting starches in is with Wheat thins- multigrain. He eats 10 of them for a starch. He also loves popcorn as a starch and uses BEcel spray butter as a topping. The biggest thing our counsellor told us for him is to use Whole wheat bread- but not lite bread just regular slices- 1 starch per slice, so one sandwhich is 2 starches.

He finds as though he is ALWAYS eating and its hard sometimes but he makes it work
jesskahle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:46 PM   #5  
And we're Off!

S/C/G: I have a ticker!

Height: 5'5"

thanks for the advice. I feel like I'm eating a box of wheat thins a day ( i kid, i kid) I guess I can use sweet potatos as well and some more triscuit. I have given up on the 35 cal bread b/c it takes 2 of those to make one starch. LOL

I keep forgetting about popcorn. thats a great reminder.
thanks for the help. if anyone else has any tips they are always appreciated!
durdansgirl is offline   Reply With Quote