3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Friends and Losers thread May 4-10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/141611-friends-losers-thread-may-4-10-a.html)

ferrarimomof2 05-06-2008 12:37 PM

Good morning everyone.

I have been up since 4 am. My DD is now sick and DH hubby left this morning for the week. I am so tired right now and doing TO is not helping. I better see a lose tomorrow on the scale. I have a volunteer appreciation luncheon this afternoon. So, we will see how I do with it and TO. I hope they have some brocolli and cucumbers. I just want to go to sleep.

Jersey Amy- Congrats on the test score and final score. An 88 is nothing to sneeze at.

Kim- I know how you feel about the chocolate thing. I have a blackberry cobbler in the fridge that I keep thinking is gross so I don't go finish it off.

Nicole- I hope you sleep better tonight and the kiddos get better soon.

Dixie chick- congrats on being POP yesterday. You can do it again today.

Amylou- congrats on the finals being over and graduation coming up.

Hello also to anyone else I missed.

I hope that everyone has POP day. I am off to try and get DD to lay down for a nap. So, I can get one before going to pick up DS and luncheon.

BarbaraB 05-06-2008 01:51 PM

Amylou, I finally had a totally good POP day yesterday and I already feel thinner and back to my unbloated self. Just a short time can make a big difference, especially with any water weight, which is common when you've eaten junk and need to clear the salt from your system. I tried on the skirt I have on today a few days ago and couldn't even zip it I was so bloated up! So much for my little salt eating rebellion.... Just not worth it... Drink lots of water! I also think the green tea helps too.

Jersey Amy, 100 is just fantastic. I hope you are more relaxed and the headache is better! You have a wonderful summer at that camp to look forward to here soon.

Dionne, I hope you get to rest a bit today! Perhaps you can take a nap with your sick kid.

Nicole, I forgot to say how sorry I was to hear of your dogs passing. I know how hard it is to make that call. I hope your family bounces back in time for the new arrival too. How is your DD doing? 17 year old girls can be cranky in the best of circumstances, at least towards their mothers. Maybe you should just take a nap with your sick kids too.

Kim, I'm sure that chocolate does taste like dirt. Plus it is going to make you want to kick yourself about 3 minutes after you have eaten it, so just don't... You have done so well managing to keep your weight down! I was going to do a TO, but then the oranges that I bought had turned moldy (I had only purchased them the day before so that was really a surprise). Oh well sometimes the universe conspires against us, but I feel better just going back to my dearly beloved Blue plan...

BarbaraB 05-06-2008 01:52 PM

Oh and I forgot Roma! Hi! I live in Tigard and work in Lake Oswego, so Oregon City is not far. My grandmother lived there for several years in an assisted living center up by the hospital... but she passed away recently at 93 years of age...

MomOfThreeTeens 05-06-2008 02:34 PM

Well so far I've resisted the chocolate. I promised I would go WI tomorrow so that should keep me on track today! LOL

Mama Nicole 05-06-2008 02:43 PM

Kim.........nothing tastes as good as thin feels :) Reminds me of Lynn......man......we miss you lady!!!

Just think of how nice it is to go try on clothes now. Remember when it was such a horror to have to go try on clothes...and how much fun it is now? Do you still love buying new panties? You surely don't want to lose that fun, do you? You can do this..........and thanks for being such an insiration to the rest of us. It so IS a lifestyle change.......and there will always be difficult times........so thanks for sharing with us.

Amy........congrats on your 100. Hard work does pay off, doesn't it?
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens 05-06-2008 03:16 PM

Nicole!! Thanks for the pep talk sweet thang! Sometimes I think we all just need a reminder. And I do SO love shopping now! LOL I know people say "never say never" but I'm never gaining this weight back. I got rid of everything in my closet as it got too big, everything in there now fits me. I refuse to ever buy bigger clothes again. So I either stay in the ones I have or I stay home because I cant go out in public nekkid! LOL Well I could but I dont think I would like jail! :rofl::rofl:

JLem311 05-06-2008 05:06 PM

hey everyone, just thought i'd check in quickly while the kids are watching a movie.
thanks to everyone who has checked out my webpage for my Walk, i really appreciate it so much!

work has been quite stressful and i wish it were friday already. ugh.

that's about it for the time being. hope everyone is having a good week so far.

BarbaraB 05-06-2008 06:40 PM

Hey Jillian, I went and contributed to your Nami walk! It seems like such a worthwhile cause. Plus I worry about my almost former step mom and wish she had sought treatment instead of a divorce. You are getting close to that goal weight number! I know it has not dropped off quickly, but I believe that the way you have lost it, it will be gone for good. It is so very much more important to have it gone long term, than to have it gone quickly.

Kim, I got rid of bags and bags of clothes too! I also have the go nekkid plan to force me to keep the weight down. It is so very easy to slip into some previous bad habits, so I suppose I will need to have constant vigilence for the rest of my life. So I had a laspse in that vigilance and now am back on weight loss portions. Back to the good old BLUE plan.

Nicole, I needed the pep talk too! I'm really bound and determined to be actually POP, not just kinda sorta if you ignore a few cheats POP.

Mama Nicole 05-06-2008 09:24 PM

You guys will never believe this.....but I just went on a bike ride. I $hit you not!!! :lol:. It only lasted about 10 minutes.........but I made a true effort to exercise.....just me......and just for me. It has been a LONG time since I have done that.......and I may not beable to walk erect tomorrow......but I'll just have to find some other way to get my work out in :) And, just so you all know.......I am back in this game........full court press!!!!
XOXO

JLem311 05-06-2008 09:40 PM

yay nicole! YOU RULE! :)

gramabear45 05-06-2008 10:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

Is POP =staying on program ?

YEAH !! Nicole
Barbara .. Yes you are close. We live in the country .....Redland
Come on Nicole You can do !!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
JLEM... Hi

Mom of three... I got in the closet and tried on some old clothes and its getting closer. I still have a lot to loose,but wearing the old ones is one goal
for me.

You all take care ,seeya tomorrow
Roma

MomOfThreeTeens 05-07-2008 09:44 AM

Go Nicole go!!! My daughter has been riding and I went with her and got sore legs and my butt hurt so bad the next day from the seat that I didnt go anymore! LOL

Good morning everybody!!!! Have an absolutely amazing day!!!!!

Kimphin 05-07-2008 11:34 AM

Good morning all! It's beautiful here today,the lilacs are about to bloom - don't want to be in this office at all... but it pays the bills. I solved a big problem at work today, so I have now been nicknamed "the Cat's A$$" - which I guess is a good thing.:smug:

After my non-POP weekend, things are back on track. POP since SUnday now, and have avoided the sclae so I can hopefully be suprised on Friday. We shall see!

I have a ton of lites left, but I am becoming a Luna fan. The Sunrise ones are really good, and the Chai tea one is yummy too. Today at lunch I am (again) going to attempt a morningstar veggie burger. This time I am going to heat it on the grill (I live so close to work that I go home at lunch - nice perk).

AmyLou - I'm sure you will look QUITE slim and lawyer-ly at your graduation on Saturday - congrats!

Kim #2 - (actually I've been MIA soo long - you should be #1!) I hope that you survived TO. I would try to convince you that chocolate tastes like dirt, but I cannot speak badly about long lost loves:?:. Sigh.

Nicole - I have been POP for more days in a row than I have in a long time. Feels good. I missed you too - I'm glad I'm back! How's the bike butt? I've been walking 9 holes of golf about 4 times per week(that's about 2.5miles per round) but other than that, have done NO exercise. My gym membership ran out and I am torn about re-upping or changing gyms.

JerseyAmy - great job on your final! Isn't it nice to see hard work rewarded?

Well, one bottle of water down - time to refill. Have a great day everyone!

ferrarimomof2 05-07-2008 12:02 PM

Good morning everyone,

I am back from WI and I was down 1.5 lbs from Monday. I am .25 up from what I was when I left for my trip. So, I don't guess I can complain to much. I hope that everyone is having a great day.

Nicole- good job on the exercise When I started taking the spin classes at the gym they warned me that the seat would get me but to come to at least 3 classes within 10 days and after that I would be just fine. They were right after the third class my tush got used to it. So, if you are sore and really enjoy riding the bike maybe that will help you. I know it was unsolicited but thought I'd throw it out there.

Mama Nicole 05-07-2008 12:09 PM

Good morning everyone :)

Well, amazingly enough, my butt doens't hurt too bad. I don't know what will happen when I try to get back on today........but so far, so good. My sclae is smiling at me this morning............but one day on track can make the sclae kind of confused.........I'm sure she will be back to her evil old self in no time.

Yeah, Roma........POP stands for perfect on plan :) This means eating all of your exchanges, and not sneaking in any BLT's (bites, licks, and tastes). It is difficult to acheive at first......but soooo rewarding :)

It has been just gorgeous outside here too. Our lilacs are in full bloom, and I have all of my bedding plants in. I just love it. I spend quite a bit of time every day messing around out there. I do not think we are going to plant a huge farmer's garden this year. We are planning on doing a bit more traveling this summer, and you HAVE to be home almost every day to have a successful garden here. The heat is pretty wicked in July and August........and if you don't water at least once a day........your garden is no more.

Anywhoo.......I have a eye appointment this afternoon, and DD has a baby dr. appointment too......so our afternoon will be quite busy. I am going to do everything in my power to get in a bike ride before the sun sets though. I hope you all find at least 10 minutes to exercise your bodies today. Even if you never exercise.......take that 10 minutes for yourself. You are worth it :)
XOXO