3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Friends and Losers thread May 4-10 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/141611-friends-losers-thread-may-4-10-a.html)

JLem311 05-07-2008 05:11 PM

nicole you're too sweet!
xoxo!

Dan2112 05-07-2008 09:00 PM

Hey gang..

Checking in from lovely(?) Gallup, NM.. I'm here participating in a water conservation program for local school kids...

Stayed pretty good today.. Passed up on the free pizza and sub sandwiches they provided at the school and got myself a chicken salad.. Had some teriyaki chicken and veggies (w/rice) for dinner... And didn't eat all the rice!

The hotel has a bar, so I may go have a beer, but we'll see...

Have a great night!

chan 05-08-2008 10:10 AM

Hey Guys... I have a quick question about LAWL supplements ... I started using VitaMax Advanced ... has anyone had any experiences with this or other supplements?
My COD reccomended it because I have been having problems with my energy levels.

Mama Nicole 05-08-2008 11:17 AM

Good morning all :)

Welcome, Chan. I cannot help you at all with supplement advice, as I have not taken any of them. I am already addicted to black coffee.....so I don't have energy problems :lol:. This is not advised......it's just my story :) I'm sure someone will chime in, as many have used them with good results ;)

So.......I did FF the last two days, and I raked in a nice 4.8 lb loss. This is NOT typical.....and I am quite certain it is becuase I was off plan for so long.....but in any case......I will take it and run with it.

Speaking of running........I did NOT get to ride my bicycle yesterday, and it has been raining for over 24 hours........but today, I WILL!!!! I could have done some other form of exercise, and if tonight it is still raining..........I will do something else. Hey, do you guys remember tae bo? :lol:. Good times, good times.........

Dan........WTG resisting the pizza and subs. It can't be easy when you are out of town all the time.

Ok, I have to get something done today............this whole week has been a whirlwind with errands. Oh, DD is doing well.......we only have 17 days until baby comes......and the doc says everything is perfect so far. I am starting to get really nervous. We have her child birth classes on Saturday. It is an all day event. Her DBF is supposed to come too........we'll see how that goes. I am expecting it to be just fine. anywhoo.............time to get to work :)

Have a great POP day, everyone :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole 05-08-2008 12:51 PM

Oh, I have the most yummy treat to share....
SF Orange Julius
1- 6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1- cup milk
1- cup water
1/4 cup granulated splenda (or less to taste)
1/8 tsp vanilla extract
8-12 ice cubes (I just do two handfuls)

Place all ingredients in blender for about 30 seconds. Serve.

This makes about 2 enormous cups of wonderul. I would guess the exchanges to be 1F, 1/2 D, 1C. If anyone still has access to LA Chef......maybe they could send this one to see what they say :) I just made this at my son's request :) I also mix in some benefiber or citrucel for him, as he has some issues ;)
XOXO
P.S. where is eveyrone today???

Repo girl 05-08-2008 01:09 PM

Yeah, where is everyone?

Nicole- Sounds yummy. So, are you the coach, or is he? Or both?

pjbeau 05-08-2008 02:56 PM

Hey, ya'll!!

Just a quick check-in to try and catch up on how everyone is doing this week. There is great progress being made by this group...:carrot:

I have been doing well this week...until yesterday...and I don't anticipate too many good choices for a few more days. Here's the story...DH was put into the hospital yesterday...he has a blood clot in his leg. Okay, backup a little...two weeks ago he had arthroscopic (sp?) surgery on his knee (problem linked to the injury last Fall). All seemed fine, but then over the weekend his leg began to swell more and was hurting more each time he tried to walk. So, we get into the Dr. yesterday...he sends DH for venous dopplar ultrasound...it comes back possitive for a blood clot...get sent to the ER...and admitted to the hospital. Sounds easy, but actually took about 8 very stressful hours. So, DH is getting Heparin I.V. for the next few days, then they will put him back on the Coumadin (which he was just taken off of a month ago). This man is only 43 yrs. old and I do think we've had enough medical drama. So, I'm really trying not to stress eat, but I am also eatting hospital or fast food for the next couple days. Hopefully, I can at least maintain...mostly my sanity... but the weight would be good too. ;)

I'll try to check in as I can.

Mama Nicole 05-08-2008 03:08 PM

Oh Paula......how scary!!!! I will be thinking of you and your DH!!!
XOXO

Mama Nicole 05-08-2008 03:11 PM

Katie.........I am not sure yet. I am sure we will talk about it more on Saturday. Everytime anyone asks her who will be with her, she always says, "my mom and my boyfriend." You know we all want our mamas when we are hurting......and I will be there for her for whatever she needs. If her BF is of better comfort to her, then I am fine with that too. It is so hard to have a baby.........whatever gets her through it, you know :) How's everything on your homefront?
XOXO

cecil 05-08-2008 03:19 PM

Paula I am sorry! We will be thinking of you two.
That orange julius sounds great! Yum!

JLem311 05-08-2008 03:24 PM

hello all. nothing much to say today. i'm just totally looking forward to the weekend. i get off work at 10am tomorrow, so i'm super excited about that. :) that's about it for me..going to pick up the kids soon.

Repo girl 05-08-2008 04:08 PM

Nicole- I can imagine that she will need you there. She is so lucky to have such a supportive mom. I always wanted to have my mom and sisters with me, besides DH, but I ended up with 3 C-Sections. Besides, you have had 5 babies yourself. You will be a wonderful support to her.

Mama Nicole 05-08-2008 04:54 PM

My mom was with me with all of my babies except #4, he was a planned c-section due to complete placenta previa......thank goodness for ultrasound!!!!! My DH was there with both boys also.........but I was lucky that I had both of them. My sis joined in on the fun on the last one too!!! Good times.

Hey, Jillian.......you have made and exceeded your goal for your NAMI walk!!!! WHOOHOOOOO!!!! I bet your kids are soooo happy to have their mama back in town. How long till DH comes home?

Ok, I am in an empty house...........which has only happened a few times in the last 17 years or so.......and it is soooo weird!!!! My two oldest DD's took the boys to McDonald's for ice cream. This is a new thing. I get really nervous letting the little ones go anywhere...........but I am trying to let go a bit. I know my girls will take good care of them..........yet I am having a hard time not jumping in my car and making sure they are ok..............

Well, I better get something done around here. I am so happy to report a third POP day in a row!!!!! Feels good!

equinetcan 05-08-2008 05:11 PM

Hello everyone

Not much new to report here. Vacation week is almost over and back to work on monday. But also back on monday to red 1 no lites. I have to get back on track and this is going to be it. I have been doing good the last few days. I debated going back to my center as they are having 50% off up here but honestly don't want to spend any more $$ and also have a trust issue if they will remain open long term. No centers around here even hinting of closing but still I am leary.

I have had Chancey all week too as the ex has been away so thats been good too. For those that don't remember or even know me yet - Chancey is my dog - I share custody - I know weird - but so far it works!!

Back to the gym tomorrow as part of getting back on track.

Thats about it for me...I'll check in later....

Mama Nicole 05-08-2008 05:18 PM

Alannah.........this week seems to be my week to renew my attitude towards food......so c'mon and join me :) How nice you got to have Chancey for a week :) You both must have had a great week :) Enjoy the gym. It always feels so good to get back on track.
XOXO