Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 PM   #1  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Default Paul McKenna-I Can Make You Thin- *MAY* Chat

Hi everyone! Read ddc's post about probably needing a new thread for the month, so I thought I'd get one started. (hope that is ok!)

No mile walk this morning, but I did a LOT of house cleaning, & our daughters' room was a catastrophe. After moving the bed & dresser by myself, my back is really smartin, but I am happy to have gotten the clean-up finished & figure it helped towards my day not being a complete wash of no exercise.

ddc, sorry to read you feel yucky... it happens. Good thing is, ya let it all digest & try to eat what makes you feel GOOD the next time!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
realitymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:07 AM   #2  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Unfortunately, I know the yucky feeling tonight. We went out with our kids and the dinner was fine but the ice cream at the end made me overfull. Not liking the feeling at all.

I lost 3.25 lbs. last week and it felt good to lose weight while eating what I want.

Everyone have a good one.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:12 AM   #3  
Can't wait till 170

S/C/G: 225/187/130

Height: 5'7"

I've been looking for a thread for PMK while the show was on TLC. But then I kinda stooped looking for it... and today I found this one on the main page!
Well, I wasn't able to watch all the show because of my work schedule. I did get to watch the first 3 episodes, but then TLC stopped doing re-runs on Friday night they did. As that's the only time I can watch at night, I had to go to his website and just watch the clips on some of the techniques, like mirror, motivation, and so on.

Well, although I kinda did follow the golden rules, it wasn't until last week I really started paying attention and I lost 3.4 lbs in a week. I weigh on every Monday..and I haven't been THAT good this week so we will see if I even lose any or not, but at least I am working out every day, which is CRAZY. I'm someone who went to a gym like not even 10 times in 2 years I paid membership for. Since the PMK show, it really changed how I look at this whole "diet" thing, and I have been able to work out at least 5 times a week for last month!

What else I noticed: There is a Thai dish I LOVE to order at work..and I would finish the whole dinner serving and sit there complaining that I can't breathe. For awhile, I haven't had the dish because they were closing 1 hour early during winter hours.. (I work 8pm-430 am) Well, couple days ago, I was early and went to the restaurant and got the same dish. Well, I didn't even get to eat half of it and stopped. I actually had it for 3 meals. 1 meal = 3 meals! WOW!!

Well, I'm so glad I found this thread! =)

Last edited by taragettingthin; 05-02-2008 at 02:20 AM.
taragettingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:42 AM   #4  

Congrats on the 3.5 pounds lost bunnababy! That is awesome!!

Hey taragettingthing! Welcome & so glad you were able to find our thread too!!

My biggest struggle continues to be eating conciously! I was doing great the first 4-5 weeks, but I feel like I am going backwards. I seem to be out of touch with my body again. *sigh* I am going to rewatch the episodes again(I DVR'd them) & hopefully THAT can get me back on track.

Have a great day all! =)

Last edited by realitymom; 05-02-2008 at 10:43 AM. Reason: typos
Old 05-02-2008, 11:36 AM   #5  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Great to see the continued weight loss
Eveybody keep up the good work.

I'm back on track today. Woohoo!
Everybody have a great weekend
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #6  
Can't wait till 170

So I'm thinking about ordering PMK's book that comes with the CD on barnes and noble as pre-order. I think it's the paperback one. Does anyone have that book? Any idea/review on that? Does it truly help? I don't have too much $ sitting around and although I want to buy his DVD so I have them at home, especially since I didn't get to watch all of his episodes on TLC, it's not really possible to pay $99... But I wanted to make sure that the book and the CD are worth it...because I did hear somewhere that the book is really thin and stuff. :P

Thanks for any input!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:54 AM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

Well, the book does have alot of blank white pages in it. It could have been alot thinner if they'd knocked out some of the space. However, I think the cd is totally worth it. That's what made the big difference for me. I haven't listened to it this week and I need to badly!!
Old 05-03-2008, 11:03 AM   #8  

I agree with ddc! The book is basically a recap of the stuff you learn from his TLC shows. But the CD alone is worth the $20! I'd love to get his DVD's, but yeah, too poor for that. That hundred bucks feeds my family & puts a lil gas in the car!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 PM   #9  
Can't wait till 170

I followed the rule to the T and during that week, I lost 3.4 lbs and was 200lbs. (it was during my TOM) Then I gained little bit this week, which was the second week. I did follow the rule, still exercised... so I'm kinda down. I'm trying to tell myself that this is not a diet, no need to be down about it because at the end, I will be there where I want to be...but I AM still little bit depressed by it. My weigh-in is actually Monday and I did "cheat" and weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 198.8! So I was in Onederland and all, very excited, just couldn't wait till today, the official date. Well, I was 200.8. =( 2 lbs in one day?! I did eat lots of salty food after I weighed yesterday...but sigh...

Any of you experience something like this?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #10  
ddc
getting back to 140

Hi Tara, the salty food was probably the culprit
Just try to stay on track. I'm bad-I weigh everyday-so my weight fluctuates daily. That's one of Paul's suggesstions that I just seem to ignore (not weighing so often).
You'll be back to Onederland in no time. Keep up the good work
Old 05-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

I have been doing pretty good, with the eating part. I notice that I too eat a lot less when I eat consciously. Also noticed I am enjoying healthier foods more and even find myself wanting them, so that is great for me. I just need to incorporate more exercise......

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 05-06-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #12  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Just a quick hello to everyone. Will check in later after weigh in tonight.

Welcome taragettingthin. Don't worry about those two pounds, sounds like some water weight.

Is the cd hynotherapy? Just wondering what is on there before I order the book and cd.

Have a good one.
Bunnababy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #13  

I don't consider it hypnotherapy, more like suggestive talking....if that makes any sense? I mean, I am totally aware of my surroundings & never feel 'hypnotized'. I've been hypnotized once & this CD is NOTHING like that experience, so I say, No, it is not hypnotherapy.

AF left, but I managed to only lose 2 lbs. I say only, because I have been losing more after AF leaves, but to be fair, my concious eating has been HORRIBLE, so I am thrilled to have even lost 2 lbs! Back on track tho, paying very close attention to my bodies' signals & that is making a difference I believe.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #14  
meggy

S/C/G: 260/240/175

Height: 5'4''

Hi everyone!

I'm glad I found this chat! I've lost 13 pounds so far with paul mckenna since the first show aired (so that would be 6 or 7 weeks ago I think). I'm wearing clothes I haven't wore for a while. It's great! I'm also exercising on average 5 times a week (but I didn't exercised last week since I was sick). I can't wait to be in the 230's again!

Keep up the good work!
meggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:42 PM   #15  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Well I took a short walk on my break at work. It was a short walk, but its a beginning. Once my schedule changes and I take an hr lunch, I will do a lot more.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote