Old 04-19-2008, 01:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/166/150

Height: 5'11'

Angry ugh drinking and hangover

so i went out drinking last night. drank as 'healthfully' as i could... (about 5 rum and diets) and then came home and did eat but only snacked on a bunch of saltines and laughing cow cheese. i added up all my calories and ill pretty much make up for it since i havent eaten that much today. i got up and drank like two big cups of water also, but i still feel kind of dehydrated.

BUT. i just stepped on my scale and im at the highest weight ive been at in like weeks. ugh. is this just b/c of drinking? im so discouraged by this! i was going to walk to the store and get some exercise / healthy food but all i want to do is sit around feeling sorry for myself.

is this normal to gain this much weight after drinking? i am so discouraged and feeling on the verge of a binge!
gonnagetthelifeiwant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

Don't binge! I think (though I'm not a nurse or anything) that your body is feeling dehydrated and so trying to hand on to water --- wait a couple of days to weigh, and keep drinking water to flush out your system. Be good to yourself!

Carbonated mixers make it worse, too -- try, when you "drink healthfully," to alternate alcohol drinks with a glass of water. (I used to be advisor to a sorority, and that's what I told all my "sisters"! It's worked for me.)
cheers,
anita
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:22 PM   #3  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Binging isn't going to make you feel any better! Instead of binging do something GOOD and HEALTHY for yourself. Drink lots of water, tea, and take a vitamin B tablet if you have some available. Go out and walk, do something that will release endorphins that will make you feel better.

Trust me, going off on a binge really, TRULY will not help.

And next time... AVOID the scale after a night out. It's never done anyone any good!

HANG IN THERE!!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:55 PM   #4  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I've gone up 3-4lbs after a night of heavy drinking. Don't worry! I just drink lots of water (with a splash of cranberry juice), eat low sodium for a few days and flush out all that extra water. You've dehydrated your body completely (alcohol is a diuretic and caffeinated diet coke doesn't help either!). Replenish your fluids, give your body time to adjust and in a few days it'll be like nothing happened.
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Drinking will make you gain weight temporarily, yeah. Alcohol dehydrates you and adding carbonated, caffeinated beverages on top of that makes it worse.

Next time, make sure you drink water with or between your alcoholic drinks. Also be sure to drink a full glass of water before you go to bed - it will help with the retention and also with the hangover symptoms the next day.

Go take your walk to the store. Get veggies and fruit and binge on that if you must binge! Drink more water, and avoid anything salty.

Last edited by PhotoChick; 04-19-2008 at 05:53 PM.
PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #6  

That's so strange. My weight is always at it's lowest after a night of drinking! Almost makes me want to drink constantly...just kidding!!!
usafgurl2003 is offline   Reply With Quote