Old 04-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #1  

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie

Just want to say hello to everyone. I have been reading posts for awhile but decided to join so I could get questions answered and to get support too. I started the 3 day take off on Monday (yesterday) and purchased my bars (on ebay) and I am ready to hopefully lose and keep off at least 10 pounds by Memorial Day. I hope to lose 15 pounds by Fathers Day. I can't seem to do it on my own so I hope by reading these posts everyday I will stay motivated. I am weighing myself once a week and will post it so hopefully knowing I have to post it every week will help keep me going.
Mattie2086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Hello "Mattie2086" I have been very successful with the LA Weightloss Plan or Pure as some may call it. However, I have gained my weight back not because the plan failed me but because I went back to all my old habits.

I started back on the plan on Monday using the 2 Day Take Off Phase. Once I weigh myself tomorrow I will post my information and get in on the Memorial Day Challenge. Read the many posts and post as much as you can. I found it very helpful and motivating. I actually got addicted to the forum and the wonderful people I met.

So good luck to you, it's nice to see you here and I will chat with you again real soon.
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #3  

Hello everyone,

Well it is day 3 of my take off. I am ready for tomorrow and my caramel crunch lawl bar! I have been trying to stay busy so I don't think of food.
Here is my menu for the 3 days....boring but hopefully it will pay off when I get on the scale tomorrow.

Day 1
Breakfast... 2 eggs with low sodium salt
Snack...Diet coke
Lunch ...1 can of mandarine oranges (drained and rinsed)
Snack...Diet coke
Dinner...LARGE portion of ground beef with 1/3 bag of frozen broccoli and Ken's sun dried tomato dressing lightly poured on top. (salt and pepper)
8-10 glasses of ice water

Day 2
Same as above

Day 3
Same as above

I keep telling myself that I can't quit now because summer is quickly coming up which means shorts and short sleeve shirts (I never wear a bathing suit) and no more hiding under sweatshirts and sweaters. I am 39 and I swear losing weight gets harder and harder! I want (and need) to lose 10 pounds by Memorial Day. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Good luck newbies! This plan works so hang tough!!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:42 PM   #5  

Smile

Hi there,
I am new to these websites and am on LAWL
I am four weeks into the program and so far I think it' s working.

Good luck and post often.
Roma
gramabear45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 06:00 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Mattie and Roma!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #7  

Well the boring menu for the last 3 days paid off, I was down 5 pounds this morning. I am eating my caramel crunch bar and it is very yummy. Here is my menu for today.

Breakfast...Diet coke and lawl bar
Lunch...Chicken salad sandwich (chicken, lt. mayo, 2 pieces whole wheat bread) and purple grapes mixed with mandarine oranges
Snack...Diet Coke and lawl bar
Dinner...Steak and 1/2 baked potatoe butter and lt. sour cream, salad

8-10 glasses of ice water.

Today I start walking too.

If anyone thinks I should do something different with todays menu please let me know. Thanks and have a great day!
Old 05-01-2008, 10:17 AM   #8  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome other newbies!!!! I am pretty new here and love the people here.. happy loosing!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:37 AM   #9  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Mattie - your menu looks good - great results on TO, too!

I just wanted to warn you in case you didn't know - that after TO there is usually a small bounce back gain, but overall you should net out a loss. I don't want you to be dissappointed if that happens.

Last edited by Kimphin; 05-01-2008 at 10:37 AM.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote