Old 03-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-194/C-182/G-135

Height: 5'3"

Default Ibs

Just wondering if anyone else suffers from IBS, and if so have you tried the controltrim pills. I'm wondering if these will help or not.

Wishing everyone a happy Easter.
I'm so excited about the program right now I know I'll be good this week. Plus I bought chocolate that I don't particularly find tempting. I had a bunch of yummy cadbury chocolate picked out... but put that back. Good thinking!

H
betty big bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:54 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I have IBS. I have not tried the control trim. This diet can be quite constipating, though, so if you run into trouble let me know. I have learned a few good tricks. Also, Gas X is your friend!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I have IBS, but suffer from the diarrhea. Because of the IBS, I have to avoid artificial sweeteners, alcohol, caffiene, fried foods, etc. I sympathize!! I lost 40 pounds last year with out using any "sugar free" stuff. (I got lazy and gained the weight back, but that's another thread, lol) Increasing my fiber helped tremendously; less gas/bloating, I felt fuller, and less nausea. Hope that helps.
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

I am a calorie counter but thought i would post because I battle IBS. I have found that fiberchoice pills help me more than anything. I buy the big bottle at wallyworld. I take 2 a day everyday. I can truly say cutting out fried foods and soft drinks has helped with the diahrea end of it. I also keep the presciption pill librex on hand at all times. Adding fiber really does help!!!! good luck
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #5  

Thanks for the responses everyone. I'm still trying to get it all under control. It's horrible, I'm starting to get anxiety from it but hopefully that will go away if I can get the IBS under control.

I'll check the fiber pills from wallyworld. i did buy the controltrim tablets and tried them for the first time yesterday, I ended up having horrible IBS that night but maybe it was a coincidence. I'll try them again tonight.

I had to give up chocolate as I found that was a real trigger. But sometimes I'll still have it. I'll run upstairs about an hour later and my husband will yell "How's that chocolate working out for ya...???" LOL
Old 03-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

I also have IBS - the consipation kind. Fiberlax from Walgreens. I take 2 a day.

I will say that when I started the plan in January I LIVED in the bathroom. Really got my system flushed out.

Now I don't always have to take my fiber pills. All the extra fiber in the diet has helped me alot. Most of the time I don't even have symptoms. And I had it really bad.....was hospitalized last summer b/c of the pain.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #7  

Jill that's great news!
I've often envied the constipation IBS type but I suppose neither way is good. Glad to hear you're feeling much better.

For anyone with IBS-D I have read that taking a bit extra calcium helps. The theory is that your body absorbs so much calcium from the calcium pills then the extra has a side effect of binding what's left in you. I have read good things about it so I'd like to try it.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

Hey Betty!
I take calcium supplements, and haven't had anything bad happen. I'm IBS-D too. I did notice that when I took Rolaids or Tums with added calcium, very unpleasant side effects occurred. Too gross to even mention here, and that's pretty bad!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #9  

Thanks chickybird.
I can probably imagine the side effect. I've noticed how much stuff I can't eat. The list of foods is pretty big. But luckily most of them are bad for me anyway so I guess I'll have to look at the good side.