Old 02-24-2008, 12:11 PM   #1  
Newbie LAWL

S/C/G: 261/257/130-135

Height: 5'3"

Default Recipe Conversion

Hey, all. I found these on allrecipes.com (LOVE that site, btw!), and I'd like to try and convert those to LA points and see how they can be modified to fit the LA plan.

Pistachio Crusted Chicken

Ingredients:

1 cup chopped pistachios
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tbl Dijon mustard
2 tbl olive oil
2 tbl honey
salt and pepper to taste
2 large, skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch strips

Directions:

1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

2) Mix together pistachios and bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In a sperate bowl, stir together Dijon mustard, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper until smooth. Dip chicken in Djion mustard to coat, then coat with bread crumbs. Place into prepared baking sheet.

3) Place into preheated oven and turn the oven down to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake until the chicken is no longer pink and the pistachio coating is golden brown, about 20 minutes.

Nurition info (per serving)
Calories: 461 (46& from fat)
Protein: 35.2g
Fat: 24.2g
Carbohydrate: 28g
Fiber: 3.7g
Cholestrol: 55 mg
Iron: 3 mg
Sodium: 613 mg.
Calcium: 89 mg.

**It seems really high in sodium and calories, so I was curious about this recipe. I REALLY want to try it, though. I LOVE pistachios!!!

Pumpkin Muffins (copyrighted by Ellie Krieger, from Food Network)

Ingredients:
Cooking spray
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole-grain pastry flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
3 tbl unsulphered molasses
1/4 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup lowfat buttermilk
1/4th cup raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds (optional, not required. I don't use this)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.

In medium bowl, whisk together the all purpose and whole wheat flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.

In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, molasses, oil, and 1 egg until combined. Add the other egg and whisk whell. Whisk in the pumpkin and vanilla. Whisk in the flour mixture in 2 batches, alternating with the buttermilk. Whisk just until combined.

Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds. Tap the pan ont he counter a few times to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of 1 of the muffins comes out clean.

Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Run a knife around the muffins to loosen them and unmold. Cool completely on the rack.

What would they convert to for the LAWL system? Are there any changes I can make them to make it more LAWL-friendly? =)

Thanks!!!
starofsorrow is offline   Reply With Quote