Old 01-31-2008, 05:52 PM   #1  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Default So.. I am stuck....In a rutt!

So I have been on this plan since 10/31 and I have alost a little over 20 lbs. 20.4 to be exact. But now I am stuck. On 12/29 I was at 18 lbs and here we are today and I am only at 20.4 thats a whole month with only 2.4 loss! That seems ridiculous! But my center doesn't really say much about it? So I guess I must be doing ok. But this is the same thing that happened when I did WW. I lost 20 lbs and then I didn't lose anymore. I need some sort of jump start. I just wish I was at 180 so I could start plan #2. But I am still like 5 lbs away! When will I be there! Any ideas would be great.... I knnow I should probably do the plateau buster? But you would think that COD would mention something. I need someone to tell me what to do. I won't just do it on my own. Ugh! Sooo frustrated! Help!

Is it common to stall at 20 lbs?
Thanks for any help!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/185/125

Height: 5 3

My only advice would be to mix up your foods. Go back to lean proteins, turkey, chicken, fish, eggs, shrimp,etc. and avoid pork, beef, salmon, etc. For starches, go back to lt breads, melba toast, etc. Skip oatmeals, tortillas, e. muffins, bagels, etc. Stick with lean vegetables, go green. Watch your optionals too. They might be the difference in seeing a few lbs off to increase your motivation and maintaining.

That has always helped me break plateau... oh, and add water! If you drink 64, start drinking 84oz for a few days combined with the leaner proteins and starches. Just make sure you use your Mortons' salt to avoid an sodium imbalance with your extra water intake.

Now, I've given you good advice..the hardest part is sticking to it...believe me, I struggle daily!!!
almsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:41 PM   #3  
Cecilia

Thanks I appreciate the support! I will try my hardest to do this! Thanks almsthere!
Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #4  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I think you should do a couple things.

1. be honest with yourself: have your last 14 days been absolutely POP (in a row?)
2. if no-then that's all you need to do-get you body back into the POP rhythm and don't stop.
3. if you HAVE honestly been POP for over 14 days in a row-maybe it's time to move down a plan? I have to caution you- I couldn't wait to move down to purple and it was a bad decision. It just wasnt enough food and I stopped losing. Now I'm waiting to see if red is going to work for a bit longer...

also-it is interesting that this is where you stalled on WW. I am also stuck at a weight that I haven't been able to get too far past...I think it has to do with the fact that your body "knows" this weight and also a mental block....not too sure, but it's interesting.

Good luck!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Cecilia, It is unfortunately totally normal to see times when the weight sticks in one place for awhile. You are doing so good! Really.

Joni once posted something that talked about the body making different things priority. Basically when you've been overweight for any great deal of time, your body has been damaged somewhat by that fact. So from time to time, it takes time off from losing weight to go out and repair the damage done. I like to think that our bodies are spending some time sucking everything back in (since often you find that during these times of low weight loss the inches are going down faster than normal).

So anyway, hang in there. Stick with the plan and see if you can go to some lighter starches and proteins for a time to see if that gets the scale moving down again. It always seemed to me just when I was ready to declare that weight loss had totally stopped, blip suddenly I would have a good week where the scale dropped multiple pounds again. Maybe you are just due a good loss... You just don't know when it will be.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:44 PM   #6  
Katie

Height: 5'1

That makes sense Barbara. Cecilia, keep working on it. The weight will come off eventually. Stalls do happen. I have had a few. You are doing great though. Eating this well will have its benefits, even if they are delayed.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #7  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

cecilia--how's the exercising going? are you getting any activity in during the day? just curious, because i know that my losses slowed when i slacked on the working out. just a thought.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #8  
LAWL Salt Police

Ok Cecilia.. Fess up.. I KNOW you've been supplimenting your POP days with pizza and doughnuts.. And piles of salt!!!

Seriously though.. Sounds like you've hit a plateau and that is completely normal.. Your body has become comfortable with the losses so far and is adjusting.. Also, it could be that subconciously, you've grown comfortable with your progress and aren't being as careful about weighing things and getting all your portions in..

Or it could be that you're like my wife and after a certain point, it's going to be a constant fight.. Her struggle has a lot to do with medication she's on, so that's a consideration as well..

Try a plateau breaker.. Ask your COD for info on that...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #9  
LAWL Newbie 2008

S/C/G: 267/254/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm really new at this so I don't have much to offer except to say that the Take Off juice is suppose to help with that...to get your body back in the burning mode. I don't enjoy doing the TO...I just finished my first TO after my initial two weeks on plan. Also, I was told to vary your meals...don't get in a rut of eating the same thing every day...if you eat omelets for breakfast, try to eat it for dinner instead. I haven't tried this yet so I don't know if it works, but that's what I've heard. I am sure I'll come across this at some point so I'll listen to the advice that others give you as well. Good luck and don't give up!!
carolntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #10  
LAWL Salt Police

Carol.. Did they tell you to do TO every couple of weeks?

My COD said, along with general consensus around here, that TO shouldn't be done all that often..

Now, in Cecil's case, a TO might not be a bad idea to help kick start her system...

The danger is starting to use TO as a crutch after a bad weekend or things like that..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #11  
Katy66

One counselor at my COD said every 14 days and another says only once every couple of months. Who to believe? If you are stuck it might help break through that but my philosophy has been to avoid it if I've been on plan and losing.
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 PM   #12  
Cecilia

Ok, I have to admit that I am not a strict with my self as I was when I first started. But I am have to say that the only thing I have a problem with recently is getting all my food in. So I really need to work hard to get all my food in.

Jillian- as for exercising goes I haven't yet ecercised at all. Well except like 3 times. Ha! I need to make that a regular routine too! It's just I got into the mond set that I lost 20 lbs without ecercise then I won't have to ever. Which is for sure not true. I need to kick it in the Butt!

Dan- I agree we get stuck in a place where we feel comfortable. I really need to talk to my COD about it so they can give me some suggestions and support. Instead everytime I go in I just act like everything is fine. In and out! Ha!
As for TO. everytime I have done it which is twice I have gained 2 lbs back. So I really don't think it's worth all the pain. Although once my friend leavess town I may do it again with the oranges.

All of you have agiven me very good suggestions. I just really need to kick in the butt if I want to reach my goal. I need to be accountable! So keep my accountable K ladies and gents!

Thanks for all your support!

Last edited by cecil; 02-01-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #13  
LAWL Newbie 2008

S/C/G: 267/254/150

Dan, yes she said to use it every 14 days. I really wasn't that fond of it because it is so difficult and borderlines on STARVING to death!!! However, I only plan on using it when I have to, maybe once a month...if even that often. I don't really like it. Also, I suffer from acid reflux and it is very difficult for me to get the TO down because of that. The acidity in the TO is very high obviously but still difficult even diluting it as required. Saying that, since I have lost nearly 10 lbs though, my acid reflux is a little better, probably not from losing the weight, but from making better choices like nothing fried.
carolntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM   #14  

Height: 5'7"

Awe Cecilia – I’m so sorry to see you struggling. Maybe there is a 20 lb curse? I just hit 20 lbs this week and was up a pound today.

I think you got great advice from everyone.

Increase the H20 – I actually take it to 96 oz per day.

NO SALT!! Ever!! I never bought into the sodium thing, until I actually tried it. I thought if it didn’t have any calories it didn’t hurt me. I have only went down 19 lbs but none of my rings fit anymore already. I must’ve been pretty puffy.

Are you exercising? Also, how are you feeling? Getting enough sleep? When I am not sleeping enough my weight loss completely stops. I think that’s why I always do better on my Monday WI, because I’m nice and rested from the weekend.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #15  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolntx View Post
Also, I suffer from acid reflux and it is very difficult for me to get the TO down because of that. The acidity in the TO is very high obviously but still difficult even diluting it as required. Saying that, since I have lost nearly 10 lbs though, my acid reflux is a little better, probably not from losing the weight, but from making better choices like nothing fried.
Carolntx - I had a hard time with the TO juice too. I find that is I dilute it at a 16 oz of water to 8 oz of TO juice, it is kind of like drinking Tang at that point. I actually get more fluids that way and it doesn't give me any problems.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote