Old 01-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #16  

Hi July19wed!
Welcome! Congratulations on your engagement! I hope all your wedding plans are going smoothly! Take it one day at a time and just keep thinking how beautiful you will be in your wedding dress!
Good Luck!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM   #17  

Hurrah for all who are restarting!

July we are here to help you look spectacular for your wedding!!!!

Gonna - I loathe weekends and I felt sooo sick on Saturday. I did things in the morning and early afternoon and then dove in the couch for the rest of the day. Instead of food I medicated with a lot of medicinal red wine. Sunday I actually felt better and was back on plan. My problem is that I avoid eating early in the day so I know I will have food during my munchy times later. Just about evey nutritionsist says this is not great for you but I need the strategy - at least now! Hope all is well with you now that the week has begun.

We used to have a weekend thread on the LA Website. Maybe we should begin one here?
mumfydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #18  

Hi Mumfydog!
Weekends are sooo hard! There is just too much temptation! We need a weekend support thread!

I save all my foods for in the afternoon/evening too. It helps me avoid cheating with snacks later in the day, but I think it makes me feel so slow and sluggish going into the afternoon. I try and eat a fruit for breakfast and just and la lite for my am snack. For lunch I have a P,V and sometimes my Fat. That way I can have a starch at dinner and I have a starch for my afternoon snack. I used to use a lot of the la snacks in the afternoon so I felt like I was really having a snack. Now I'm having laughing cow cheese on RF crackers. I'm thinking about trying some of the 100 cal snack packs.

What plan are you on? I am on the yellow plan. I am using one south beach bar and one la lite bar a day. I'm trying to stretch out my supply of la lites. The south beach bars taste okay, but they have more calories. (I think they are bigger too) I finally got back on the treadmill today. Hopefully that will help get some of this weight off!

Hope you are having a good week!
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM   #19  
LAWL Salt Police

I hate to say it, but in the long run, the "saving food till later" strategy may backfire on you.. I know it has with a lot of people, including me...

90% of the time I get done with my starches by lunch. You're much better off by having little meals all day long.. If you spread your portions out, you won't have trouble during "snacky" times. If you get the biggest meal in at lunch, that helps with the afternoon cravings.. Also, make sure you get your waters in...

The South Beach Cereal bars (in chocolate, peanut butter and cinnamon raisin) have fewer calories than the LA Lites and more protein, so when you're out of lites, they will be a pretty decent substitute. They're also mucho-yummo!

Watch out with the laughing cow cheese. Even the light stuff has 300 mgs of sodium per serving and along with the salty RF crackers, it's quite a lot.. Again, make sure you're getting in your water.

Sorry to sound so preachy...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #20  

Dan2112,
I didn't take your reply as preachy. I have no center anymore, so any advice is very welcome.

I have struggled with this for almost 2 years now. I had gotten down to my goal weight (130) in June 2006. I never did stab. or maint. and the weight has just been creeping back up. When I stepped on the scale for the weigh-in thread, I just cried. I cannot believe how much I have put back.

I'm not sure what flavor SB bars I got, I think they are a caramel. It didn't occur to me to compare the flavors for diff. calories, so that is a great tip and I love anything chocolate and p.butter!

I had a huge struggle with spreading out my portions when I lost the weight originally. I had a great counselor when I first reached goal and I totally credit her. She worked very hard to help me break up the foods so I was never hungry and never tired and sluggish. I seem to have fallen into this habit of needing a starch snack in the afternoon. Hopefully once I get myself back on track I can give it up.

And the sodium in the cheese is a great tip. I never even thought to check the sodium on other foods (like LC cheese or even on the RF crackers). Ialways watch in salad dressing and frozen foods and condiments. I can't believe it never occurred to me to check everything we eat.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:43 PM   #21  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

just wanted to invite all the newbies to the "losers and friends" thread we have. That's where we usually check in and update with general chatter!

Welcome!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #22  

Hey gonnabe!!
Nelliebear here! I am so glad I found someone from the old boards!
I am very upset that ALL the Pure weight loss (or LA) centers have closed! At least in my area. they still owe me $612.00! I am trying to get back on plan since I have lost my way since The holidays started and have gained. But without any support I didn,t think I could do it, And YEAH! here you all are!
Nelliebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:49 PM   #23  

Nelliebear!
I am so happy to see you here!!! I am so lost without our old boards. These are really good though! Lots of good info. and really nice people. I hope everyone finds their way here!
I know how you feel! I really miss the support of the center. I was not able to get any of my bars and I doubt I'll be getting any money back. I'm trying to get past it and stay on track with the plan. Please come here often! Maybe we can keep each other on track!