3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   How often do you weigh yourselves? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/129744-how-often-do-you-weigh-yourselves.html)

scorpiochic 01-01-2008 11:52 AM

Hardly ever to be honest. Even at the doctors, they know I don't do it and are fine with it. I can tell within a few pounds based on clothes and don't need a number to bum me out or cheer me up. I just know my body and where I feel good at. Don't even own a scale anymore.

txangelgirl 01-02-2008 01:57 PM

I weigh every month, if even that... I guess to me, the number doesn't matter if I am unhappy with my body; it's not like weighing will change the way I look in the mirror, or make me stop trying. At least, that's my view. It's just depressing sometimes, sure a loss always, but not my goal, so I avoid it except every now and then to monitor progress, so that I stay focused on the positives.

Fea 01-02-2008 02:01 PM

Well Im off to weigh myself now for the first time in months. Ive well and truly been avoiding it. But after tonight it'll probably be every other day! I know I shouldn't so I'll try hard to stick to once a week.

Bloomer 01-02-2008 02:29 PM

I weigh every morning now -- it keeps me "on program." (as does journaling) It's taken me a long time to accept the scale and not say, "Oh great! Lost a pound. That's three pounds this week, so I can have 4 brownies" or its evil twin, "Fie! Gained .2 pounds when I was absolutely PERFECT yesterday. Diets don't work. I'm going to go out and eat 4 brownies." It also took me a long time to find a scale that I can trust.

I also weigh every day because I'm trying to find patterns. Assuming that I DO stick to my eating plan, what causes the fluctuations? Amount of sleep, amount of salt, water, exercise..... don't have any answers yet, but I hope to!

Briefasa Hime 01-04-2008 02:26 PM

I weigh in every Saturday because I'm in WW, but I also weigh myself on Wednesday to see how I'm doing that week and what to expect.

BabyNicole 01-04-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briefasa Hime (Post 1981420)
I weigh in every Saturday because I'm in WW, but I also weigh myself on Wednesday to see how I'm doing that week and what to expect.

I was thinking that it'd be a good idea to maybe weigh more than once a week...maybe mid-week. That way if you lost weight on say Thursday, and then you weigh the same (or less) on Monday, you know it's real weight you loss. You know?

I've been on my "life change" since Jan 1st. Yesterday I maybe ate 500 calories (if that) b/c I was sick. When I weighed myself this morning I weighed 3.7lbs lighter (212.6). Now, I'm not going to change my ticker until Monday b/c I don't know if that's true weight loss yet. :^: I sure hope it is!!!!! :carrot:

Fea 01-04-2008 03:24 PM

I always promise myself once a week. Yet its only day 3 of me being on my 'healthy eating plan' and Ive weighed myself twice! :o Yesterday I was 3lb lighter and today 4lb lighter. However, when I weighed myself today I hadnt eaten for 8 hours :eek: (because I didnt have time for a break at work) so I know the reason I was that much lighter today was because I was empty lol. I do also realise that this is the first week and I will mainly lose water. But any loss is a good loss as long as it stays off :)

MISS 1982 01-04-2008 03:33 PM

I weigh myself everyday. I have to because it keeps me accountable for what my goals are about and it keeps me on track.

addisonsmommy 01-05-2008 07:37 PM

I weigh myself too much! I weigh every day in the morning. I do it right before I hop in the shower!

~Cherie~ 01-06-2008 02:54 AM

I weigh every morning, nude. It's my way of keeping myself focused on my goals. I don't tend to fluctuate though - when I'm eating well and exercising, I either maintain or lose weight, I only gain when I've been eating poorly, so it's a good barometer for me to measure whether my health behaviours are on track or not.

gastronome 01-06-2008 03:30 AM

I may be in the minority, but I don't weigh myself anymore. When I did, I was obsessed about it and get this... If I was down a few pounds I would take that as a ticket to eat whatever I wanted. If I gained it would still be a ticket to eat whatever I wanted. How messed up is that?!?!?! It was really truly hard to stop weighing, but I am so glad that I have. It has helped me so much especially since I have a tendency to binge. The only real reason we have a scale is because of my husband, otherwise it would be loooong gone!

carlskl 02-09-2008 08:57 PM

every morning faitfully