Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

Thumbs down Thinking about quitting going to COD

I just weighed in for a gain of 2.4 lbs at COD and I'm totally depressed because my home scale weighs me in at a lost. I changed my weigh ins to twice a week cuz I'm not motivated when I don't see any changes. I'm more motivated and excited about my morning weigh ins then my afternoon there. I'm seriously considering going in Thursday getting the rest of my bars and just doing this on my own.

Help!!!

Last edited by jamiam; 12-18-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: grammar
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 433/see ticker/235

Height: 6'0"

I guessit depends on the people working at your centre but if it were me I would continue to go. I went last week and had gone up a pound and was a little discouraged by it. The truth of the matter is you may have times when you fluctuate. Yes, it sucks, but it's usually only temporary.

Most of the cousellors at my centre are great. A couple are not so great but I just make it a point to not see them when I go in. As long as the people there are OK I would not sweat the scale aspect of it too much.

Also, I find it motivates me more if I go in twice a week for weigh-ins. I like the accountabilty it imposes on me.

Good luck. Remember, you can do this!

KJ
Killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:24 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/141.9/137

Height: 5'5'

I've been stuck on this weight for 4 weeks. On their scales! On my scales, I'm going down. I usually weigh in after work but went in on Saturday morning hoping that I dropped enough weight to go down to the next plan. I was just 1 lb away!!! Of course, I'm going to be higher at the end of the day. Every time I weigh in, I walk out thinking I'm never going back. I only have 3 more boxes of prepaid Lites.

I only have 5 more weeks that I paid for so I'm really not losing much. I told them I wanted to lose 30 lbs when in reality I only wanted to lose 20. I'll have 6 boxes of LA Lites and 1 bottle of the juice.
jamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #4  

All I can say as a former Pure Weight Loss client who is owed a ton of money ----- go back -- the plan is good, but don't buy ANYTHING in advance!! Take everything with you and run!!!! You never know what the future holds!! Sorry, I guess I am a little cynical!!!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:57 AM   #5  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Don't give up on your COD!

Remember, clothes, water, and time of day can all contribute GREATLY to your w/i's being different. My weight varies anywhere from 3-8lbs depending on time of day. Jeans can add three lbs! MAKE sure you are wearing the same or similar clothing and weighing in within the same hour each time. It is really important for accuracy!!

While sometimes your COD may seem good for nothing, every once in a while mine would really inspire me. Take advantage of it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:30 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

If you are going down on your own scales then you are most likely continuing to lose. Don't let a bad weigh in discourage you, weight fluctuates no matter what plan you are on. Nothing can stop it. It does not mean that the plan is not working for you. You may be on the verge of needing a new plan to keep losing. If I was you, I'd keep going for the 5 weeks, since you paid for them. Drink a boat load of water, have some hot lemon water and go and weigh in again. See if you can't get that weight fluctation thing on your side and then hopefully they will move you down a plan. You might want to try the plateau buster. Don't let a totally normal weight fluctuation get you to quit a good program.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #7  
LAWL Salt Police

This is the danger of doing WIs at home.. While Liz and I had a COD, we NEVER weighed in a home... The scale at your COD is a very expensive, high quality piece of equipment, so I have an idea it's more than likely the clothes you're wearing, food or water you've eaten and the time of day when you go there...

When I did my WIs, I went first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and brought the same shorts and t-shirt every time, so I knew any changes were purely in my own body...

Weighing in a home and the COD can be a problem because of what you said.. It can cause you to become depressed and unmotivated...

I would stick with it!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote