Old 11-27-2007, 07:23 AM   #1  

Default My Center closed

OK, now what? I paid 3/4 of the fee up front, and just got a call that my center is closed. The nearest one is 30 miles away, totally impossible to get to. What do you think my chances are of getting a refund? I appreciate all the help I can get....
thanks!
jochryta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #2  
WW Moderator

I've been looking around, and it doesn't look good for you on the refund front. It appears that centers are shutting down in various parts of the country, and the corporate offices are not giving out any information or returning calls. I did see that they at lest called somebody back that left a message wanting to buy enough Lite bars to get them through to maintenance. I did read one story about a local news station that helped somebody get their refund from LA Weight Loss because contractually, they were obligated to do so (with a little public help).

Google 'LA Weight Loss Closing' . There are closings in various states. The problem is, some of the centers are franchises, and some are owned by the company, so the franchisee may give you a different story from the company!
With diet season coming up, it seems strange that stores would be closing.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I think the franchise grew too quickly and does not provide enough of an image to keep the buyers going. I mean Whoopie is a good spokes person but not really that high profile. When people pay good money to buy a franchise they expect they company to have the ability to support, promote, and bring customers in.
But LAWL has grown too quickly to give enough support to the franchise centers. The web site sucks, the staff is barely trained, all they have is selling food and the food sucks.
The plan is fine but lets face it we all have stories about feeling forced to buy LAWL food and not feeling like the staff knew more than us.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #4  

Thanks guys for the responses...I actually got a call from Jacksonville today and spoke with someone who is sending me a refund form. Don't know if that will get me anywhere, but it's worth a shot. Jennifer, never thought to google closings...sounds like a great idea...I'll keep you posted if anything come out of it. The woman I spoke to was frustrated as well. She said that the staff usually knows a few weeks ahead of the closing and sometimes choose to not show up because they feel so bad for the clients. Lesson learned for me...no more places like LA weight Loss for me...Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me...
jochryta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #5  
LAWL since 2/07

S/C/G: 240 / 226.2 / 130

Height: 5'1"

I think you're right about the franchise thing. You know I haven't had a book since August. She keeps running copies for me and I carry around stack of paper. It's really annoying.
smjezzy is offline   Reply With Quote