3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   New Year's Day 2008 Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/127635-new-years-day-2008-challenge.html)

Julzanne72 12-19-2007 02:52 PM

Thanks Kimberly....honestly this is the first time I feel like I am actually going to get to my goal-the plan has been so easy for me to follow-with the exception of TO-which I have only done once so far!

michie 12-19-2007 11:47 PM

after reading all of these posts (so many are doing so great!) i think i will push my goal once again! i want to be 227 by new years! i am 8 pounds away, so that's my new goal. i can totally do this, and i know i will. i just have to focus. i have been really lazy about the gym lately, and really busy, making it hard to fit in my foods! once this week is over it'll be better.

so once again, pencil me in for 8 pounds. woo hoo, let's do this!

dolphn545 12-20-2007 05:38 AM

Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Just checking in. I weighed in on my (dial-up) scale, and it shows a loss, from what I could see with those itty, bitty lines! The true weights will begin again next week. I am buying myself a digital scale for Christmas, but I have to wrap it and put it under the tree til Christmas Eve (since I wouldn't let DH have ANYTHING of his ahead of time!!)

Glad to see everybody is doing so well. Hope you have a GREAT POP day! :cheers:

Camry 12-20-2007 08:49 AM

I am going to try for 5 lbs. My WL has been s-l-o-w thus far, but hopefully I can do this!

cecil 12-20-2007 12:48 PM

I am soo proud of all of you! Doesn't it feel good to be losing right now when everyone else in the world is gaining. Ha!
I went to WI today. I was down .8 and it's even TOM. So maybe Sat when it's gone I will be down even more! Hope everyone has a great POP day!
Thanks for all of you support! Stay strong!

cecil 12-24-2007 12:18 PM

Well guess what I did lose more on sat! Whoo hoo! Down to 189! I was so excited! Hope I don't ruin it over the holidays. Good luck to e everyone our challenge is coming to end. I still have 4 lbs to get rid of in a week don't think it's going to happen.

cecil 12-27-2007 07:08 PM

Ladies our challenge is almost over. How is everyone doing? I haven't seen many updates recently.. I still have 5 lbs to go. And about 5 days left. Ha ha! Probably not going to make it huh?

bradleys mom 12-28-2007 10:26 AM

I went reallllly far backwards!!! I am almost at the weight I started at. I am working hard to get back down this week. I think alot of it is water as I dropped 2 lbs since yesterday and have spent a lot of time running back n forth to the potty!! (TMI sorry)

cecil 12-28-2007 02:11 PM

Kim don't get down on your self. This is a very hard time of the year to stay in control. I think no matter how we did we probably did better then we normally would have. We will just have to start a new challenge after Tuesday. Maybe a Valentines day goal? Let me know what you think?

bradleys mom 12-28-2007 03:26 PM

Cecilia - Sounds great! I like these challenges. I've yet to meet my goal at one, but it keeps me somewhat better in line than if I didnt have a mini goal. A couple of my New Year's resolutions are to exercise or walk at least 30-45 minutes a day, 3 or 4 days per week and to stay POP!! I would like to be 220 by Valentines day. On February 16th my DS will turn 2 and we will be having his birthday party. It would be great to be 20 lbs lighter and get some compliments. I expected more than what I got these past holidays and kinda threw myself a little pity party... But I'm looking for a good beginning to 2008!

jamiam 12-28-2007 06:02 PM

I wish I could lose my last 6 lbs but the way I lose it's not possible. My goal is just 2 lbs by New Year's Day.

whatazoo 12-28-2007 06:35 PM

I went backwards as well. I think I'm at my starting weight. I will probably join in a Valentine's Day goal with everyone. I gained 4 (COD only knew about 2 of those 4) and lost 3 the last couple days. Thank YOU hot lemon water! LOL I need to refocus. I may take a couple weeks off from the COD to get my head back in the game. I haven't done well with TO, so I probably won't be doing one of those.

bradleys mom 12-29-2007 08:08 AM

LOL Stephanie. I have had a strange relationship with HLW lately as well!

michie 12-29-2007 11:45 AM

with hot lemon water... do they need to be fresh lemons? i have been using bottled lemon juice and putting it in my green tea. do you think it will have the same effect?

whatazoo 12-29-2007 01:20 PM

I don't really care for HLW (actually I hate it, but the things we do for the scale). Anyway, Michie, I read on here to use fresh lemons as it is the oil in the rind is what helps. I use my (manual) juicer and get the juice out, then I zest the rind, and throw the zest, juice and the rest of the lemon in the micro for about 1 1/2 min with a tea bag, squeeze out the rest of the lemon, add a splenda packet. With small lemons, I use 1 a day, larger lemons 1/2 per day - usually just a couple days is all I can stand until the next week in which I have consumed too much sodium filled goodies.
HTH