Old 10-19-2007, 07:44 PM   #1  
SkinnyMini-to-Be :)

S/C/G: 200/check the ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Question Staying On Plan...

I was just wondering... What are everyones little tips and tricks for staying on plan. It seems as though I've lost my willpower lately and am trying get back on track. Of course it doesn't help atall that my counselor at COD has not a clue what is going on and is rude as can be on top of that I have posted lately getting info on LA replacements, but I thought it would be helpful to hear how everyone else makes it through.
EmilyLashea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 213/199/145

Height: 5'7"

Something I do, and I have heard others on this forum mention this as well, is if I see something I really want to eat that is not on plan, I will tell myself, "You can have that someday, just not right now - and then you can eat it without guilt". I will even envision myself sitting in my cute skinny clothes eating a small portion of it. It helps me stay on track. Also, small goals are easier to face than your ultimate long term goal. I also find that if I work out in the morning, I find it easier to stick with the plan because I don't want to waste that effort. Hope this helps!!!
jean2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

Default On track?

I hate the TO or FF days with a passion! When I have too many days where I cannot manage to stay on plan I make myself go for the two days of FF! Everything else seems easy after those two days!
Plus, I am not above going to Walmart or Food 4 Less (home of the fat people) and watching large women walk. I find the desire to not waddle very stimulating! Funny how my willpower is strengthened by facing what I am avoiding.
Just my thoughts, Tues
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:32 AM   #4  

Tues that was hilarious, but very true! Thanks for that
Old 10-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

Emily, what motivated you to join LA in the first place. Often we lose our willpower we also forget what drove us in the first place. Remind yourself often of how well you are doing and that you CAN do it.

When I get measured by LAWL, they give me a ribbon measured out to how many inches I have lost. I keep this ribbon tied to my purse. It is a constant reminder to me how far I've come...but also how far I have to go. It is personal to me, I know what it is and what it is for, but not everyone else does.

If you are craving certain foods, I'd also suggest using the recipes on this board and LAWL cookbook if you have one. For me the hardest part of starting a diet was giving up Dairy Queen blizzards. One of the counsellors suggested that I break up their chocolate biscotti and mix it in vanilla ice cream (on plan and a nice treat). I know you said your counsellors weren't much help, but if you ask on here people are pretty good about answering. Maybe you can find a few things to make the plan easier to follow.

Good luck!
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:52 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday Cool View Post
I hate the TO or FF days with a passion! When I have too many days where I cannot manage to stay on plan I make myself go for the two days of FF! Everything else seems easy after those two days!
Plus, I am not above going to Walmart or Food 4 Less (home of the fat people) and watching large women walk. I find the desire to not waddle very stimulating! Funny how my willpower is strengthened by facing what I am avoiding.
Just my thoughts, Tues
Boy, did you nail it on the head, Tuesday!!
Going to WallyWorld and seeing all the crap and garbage people around me are stuffing their baskets full of is a PRIME motivator... It makes me feel so good when I look at my basket full of veggies, fruit and other good stuff..

Plus, it's very easy to stay on plan is there's nothing at home to cheat with... Anytime we've had a random bag of chips or cookies, I've cheated.. The kids have little 100 calorie snack bags for their lunch, but I don't want to steal from them, so that keeps me honest...

I guess the other big thing that helps me get through the craving crunch is the awesome feeling I get when I succeed in saying "NO, DAMMIT.. I WILL NOT STOP AT McDONALD'S and BUY THOSE FRIES"... Letting willpower succeed lends you a feeling of power that feels great! The opposite is true as well.. After those times when I give in, I always feel awful afterward and powerless...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #7  

I remember when I started the program at the end of December, and I like most others trying to lose weight, wanted to lose quickly. We are so anxious to find a program that works for us and to see the scale numbers go down fast, BUT (and this is a big BUT), to consistently lose weight on any program, we have to consistently follow the program. This thought is what keeps me going, keeps me planning and keeps me losing even if it is losing slowly....

Also, I have adopted my own versions of mottos. Check my signature for a few of the ones that are currently helping me continue on.....

We all have our own valid reasons for losing weight and for keeping the weight off. We have to remember those reasons every day....

Patsy, I love your blizzard substitute. One of my favorite starches, and I plan for it and save it for a treat, is the TCBY 1/2 cup yogurt (non fat, no sugar added - 1 starch) that is in the program booklet. I buy the kid's size and there are always different flavor choices.

week 42
LAWL franchise center
Plan 2 with lites
total lost 51.5 lbs.
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #8  

Thanks guys! I am so glad I found this site! I really think it is going to be a big help! I've pretty much been a lurker for the past couple of months but I'm definately going to start getting into more of the discussions =] Patsy I love the idea of the ribbon! Of course, my COD would never think to do anything that thoughtful for us but it's a great idea for something I can do for myself!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #9  

After the weekend I had, I needed this post. Thanks!
WITeresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #10  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Emily.......welcome I have a 17 yo DD named Emily......so I already like you

Let me say three magic words..........sugar free jello.........and let me follow that with..........foir more magic words.......fat free cool whip. In my first months of LAWL, I had a big bowl of sugar free jello with fat free cool whip on it almost every night. I was losing 2+ pounds a week. It was awesome. I have since become a bit of a slacker, but today is a new day.....and today I will stay OP. Also........if I just HAVE to have something..........I make it raw green veggies. Another little treat is sugar free pudding. I make carmel or pistachio. 3/4 c. counts as a dairy......whoohoooo. Another treat (can you tell I have a sweet tooth) is the ricotta cheese pancakes recipe in the recipe threads. Top those off with some SF maple syrup, and it is like guilt free hog heaven...... I will start a new thread for favoite OP snacks and treats, sweet or unsweet..........and everyone will be happy to give you input. It is great that you are taking charge of your health while you are still so young. Nutrition is one of the biggest determinants of cancer.........so you are really doing your body good........and looking great in the process
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

I go with the raw green veggies too... dripping with nacho cheese and chips!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #12  

I have already discovered the jello as well as the pudding I prefer the pudding, of course, but I will have the jello if I have a late night sweet tooth. DAN! How bout we not talk about chips and cheese dip today?? I'm doing TO and would probably rip your arm off for some nachos right about now!
Old 10-22-2007, 06:35 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Emily, On TO sometimes I'll slice up a whole lot of cucumbers and eat them like chips. I like to put the morton salt on them too. Totally legal now that they say TO is unlimited veggies. I've also been known to eat my green beans as if they were french fries (with my fingers). OK not quite chips and fries, but guilt free and tasty all the same.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 134/120/110

Hi All,
I've been just like Emily and reading your posts for weeks! You all are very good motivators and advice givers!! I finally had to give in and post myself! Emily, I've been the same way for the past 5 months! It's like I've lost all my willpower and I've forgotten how great I felt when I was eating right and losing weight. I've sort of lost my motivation and have been using life's obstacle's as excuses to eat poorly and exercise less. My weaknesses are definitely the weekends. I will strictly follow my food and exercise plan during the weekdays but as soon as Friday comes it's like I've never seen food before! I'm 22 and want to start my new life in the big city right but need some motivation like Emily! These are great tips for staying on plan...does anyone have tips for getting back on the plan?
Thanks!
Beacon6 is offline   Reply With Quote