Old 10-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #1  

Default I need support!

My center closed in Dec/2007, I had lost 45 lbs then lost another 5 by Feb. But for the last 8 months I have not lost a thing, and bounce back and forth 1-4lbs.
I joined WW but I'm just not a group/meeting type person, and I'm not motivated by them or their plan, so I'm just giving them money every month. (I know! Really stupid, huh!)
I really liked the individual counseling of LAWL.
I would like to lose another 40 lbs. I'm thankful that I have'nt gained but I'm stuck and can't seem to get started back on my weight loss plan. I still have all my LAWL info and I get it out now and then and look at it but I just can't move on it! It's like I have a brain freeze because they deserted me!

Thanks for any suggestions,
sharlmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #2  
Tina

Height: 5'5"

I know how you're feeling. I'm going through the same sort of thing. I start off okay and after a couple of days I lose my motivation and fall off the horse. That being said I keep getting back on it. This is a great place to come for support. There are loads of great suggestions and tips to help you stay motivated, especially if you check in often. I find I do better if I check in daily, even if I don't post something, I try to check the postings for a little motivation. Don't lose heart, just do your best to make that commitment and if you slip up, just pick up where you left off.
Ternoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Tina is so right. Just continuing to get back to eating healthy is a powerful thing. Motivation is not something that is easy to find at times. So perhaps setting some short term goals would be helpful. Looking at 40 pounds is rather overwhelming... so perhaps just focus on the next 5. What was it that kept you going to lose the last 5 after the COD closed. Can you get back to that place and that focus? for me sometimes doing a TO is helpful in getting me refocused, since why would I put myself through that and then just blow it by eating badly (plus it seems like so much more food after you've not eaten much for a few days)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #4  

Thank you, Tina & Barbara

I think what helped me lose the other 5lbs after my center closed was just that I didn't want to gain it back. Which I haven't but I want to get rid of the rest.
I'm going to take your suggestions and try to just focus on 5 lbs at a time. I am a diet controled diabetic so I have to be very careful what I eat anyway, but I need an extra boost from somewhere. I am not able to excercise because I have very bad feet, ankle and knees.

Thanks again for your support!
sharlmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:20 AM   #5  

i'm feeling the same way...i want to loose down to 150 by halloween...doesnt look like i will make...going to do take off for the next 3 days...hopefully that will get me back on track. i have been a wreck since i found out my center was closing.
susanwmsrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #6  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharlmitch View Post
My center closed in Dec/2007, I had lost 45 lbs then lost another 5 by Feb. But for the last 8 months I have not lost a thing, and bounce back and forth 1-4lbs.
I joined WW but I'm just not a group/meeting type person, and I'm not motivated by them or their plan, so I'm just giving them money every month. (I know! Really stupid, huh!)
I really liked the individual counseling of LAWL.
I would like to lose another 40 lbs. I'm thankful that I have'nt gained but I'm stuck and can't seem to get started back on my weight loss plan. I still have all my LAWL info and I get it out now and then and look at it but I just can't move on it! It's like I have a brain freeze because they deserted me!

Thanks for any suggestions,

I don't know were you live but check out MRC if they have a center in yout town the might take over wer LAWL left you I know the MRC in Omaha did. good luck if you need more information just ask. Good Luck
snowicedeb is offline   Reply With Quote