Old 06-28-2007, 09:43 AM   #1  
virgo062

S/C/G: 206.4

Height: 5.6

Default curious

I noticed my file at LAWL was ina "special" place until I purchased the bulk special. Since I finally bought the bulk my file was put with everyone elses. I was told I didn't need to see the counselor anymore just drop by and weigh in. Does that sound right? Before I bought the bulk lites I had to sit with a counselor once a week and discuss my journel now I'm on my own?
VIRGO062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

That doesn't sound right. When did you join? I know that after you do the initial Fast Forward, then you get your plan and then after that you get the bulk lites pitch. So for awhile (about 3-5 meetings) your file is in a different place because you are still in "start up" mode. As for the not counseling, that's not right at all. Are you sure you understood them? The whole point of LAWl is the one on one counseling. If you're sure that's what you were told then you need to speak with the COD manager ASAP.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

oh......... that is weird!!!!!! no, that doesn't sound right. that sounds like an understaffed COD, that now that they have all your money, don't want to waste their precious selling time with just sitting and talking with you. STAY ON TOP OF THIS ONE!!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

No, no, no...not normal at all!!! You should be seeing a counselor and weighing in 3 times a week...that's what you're paying them for.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #5  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

When I was going to COD, I sat with the counselors one time each week and did a quick WI the other two times. I often had my boys with me, so I think they were trying to help me out.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:12 PM   #6  
virgo062

S/C/G: 206.4

Height: 5.6

Ok I am sure she told me that all I had to do was weigh in but I went today and another counselor had my chart (which was with everyone elses) and sat down with me for a short talk. Maybe I was hallucinating since I had only been on the diet for 2 weeks. My intake was low haha. lost .2/10 of a pound in 2 days. Guess that's better than gaining. Anyone else having a problem with their starches (purple). I have eaten my limit of starches for the day. Dinner will be quite a challenge.
VIRGO062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM   #7  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Virgo, I'm on purple also and starches are always my down fall. I've got to really work hard to keep them down. The Nature's Own Bread helps so you can have a sandwich and count it as one starch so you have another one left. Good Luck!!!!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:23 PM   #8  

You will get used to the starch deficit, believe me! If I can, anyone can. The biggest habit to break was a starch w/dinner. Now that I've moved to blue I still forget it's there. When I was on purple (which was around 8 months or so) I would have a starch w/breakfast and lunch and then dinner would be a protein and two veggies. After a few days you do get used to it. Other times I would have some Plain FF yogurt for breakfast w/some blueberries and a packet of splenda and then save my starch for dinner. I always have one at lunch. I've found I need it to get through the long days.

I know this is a shock to your system. But the thing about the program is it is showing you healthier ways. Give it time and just do your best to adjust. The body is an amazing thing. It will get used to your new way of life and will start responding positively.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #9  
**Lisa**

S/C/G: 214/188/140

I'm on purple and so far the starches haven't been too much of a problem. I always have one for breakfast and the other is usually at lunch but last night, I had a small potato. I knew I was going to have it so I made sure I didn't eat one for lunch.

Dairy is my biggest problem. I'm just not that fond of milk products....never have been. sigh.
Leesee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 199/180.8/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm new to the program, but what about the Carb Cravers plan you can do? Would that help you? I'm also on the purple plan, and with the Carb Cravers, I feel like I can eat a little more cereal or have a slice (or two) of plain pizza, but it's just a protein instead of a starch. That's been my saving grace!!!
judya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #11  

Just remember to use the carb cravers only once or twice a week, depending on what your book says.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #12  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Lisa, do you like yogurt? I eat a Yoplait Light yogurt almost every day for my dairy.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 199/180.8/140

Height: 5'3"

In my purple book, it says, "All Carb Cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used upto one time each day." I know there are exceptions to some of these - like pizza and nachos only being 1 time per week, but have you heard anything different? My counselor didn't even talk to me about this (I just joined this week, so today is officially my first day after TO), so I want to make sure I'm understanding this whole thing correctly. The last thing I want to do is gain weight at my next weigh in because I ate too many carbs! Thanks for the help!!!
judya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #14  

My book says "All carb cravers meals count as 1 protein and can be used one time per day, up to one to two times per week." You don't want to do a carb craver every day. And welcome, by the way!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:47 PM   #15  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

judy--even though the book says one a day I think most here will agree (often from experience) that the pounds will come off slower (if at all). I would definitely use them in moderation--especially while you are getting the hang of the program.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote