Old 06-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #1  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

Default As Seen On TV!!

I'm surprised nobody has thought of this! How about a thread of our favorite "As Seen on TV" gadgets and gizmos? We already havae a whol thread dedicated to the Magic Bullet. So we'll start the list with that.

My personal fave is the Vadalia Chop Wizard. That thing can chop just about any fruit or veggie into nice even chunks or slices or whatever! No more crying with onions!!

Anybody else?
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

I'm all about the Ron Popeil Showtime Rotissierie (sp?)... I've always wanted a gizmo like that as Liz and I both love chicken cooked that way..

I've just been afraid to buy one of those, as things you see on TV rarely work like they show you..

Do any of you have one???
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:01 PM   #3  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

My sister has the rotisserie. They LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. I swear she would rotisserie lasagne if she could figure out a way to do it.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:23 PM   #4  
LAWL Salt Police

Might be a bit messy, but heck, I'll try anything once..

With all the magic bullet users around here, I can't believe there aren't more tv product posters...
Old 06-18-2007, 01:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 168/152.2/128?

Height: 5'-5"

Funny this came up! I just posted this on a mail list I'm on:

Anyway, I am a total infomercial junkie. Sad, but true. So last weekend I see a Rocket Grill. With this thing you put your fish, chicken, veggies --
whatever -- into a parchment bag, hang the bag, close
it, set the timer, and voila! 129.00 plush shipping,
and the bags average .45 apiece, so that's kinda
pricey. See it here: http://www.buyrocketgrill.com/

It did, however, give me the idea to make a parchment
pouch with my stapler and parchment paper from a roll
and use my Goerge Foreman. He's been retired for a
while because I hate cleaning it up. The homemade
pouch worked brilliantly! I left the fold hanging out
to catch the drippings so no clean up. Zip. Zero.
And one protein ready to go to work with me tomorrow.
Just threw the homemade pouch in the trash!

Just 2 sheets of parchment would work, too. And the grill marks came out on my turkey burger right through the paper, too. LOL
Manznita3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:13 PM   #6  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

I've often wondered about the Vidalia Chop Wizard...I'll have to give that a try and I've seen it at my local Wally World. I'm not into too many other gadgets...probably because I'm not into cooking too much either. It either goes on my grill, toaster oven or stove top in a pan (like egg beaters). DH works 4 nights a week, so I really only have to "cook" 1 or 2 family meals (it's just the 2 of us). As far as rotisserie chickens go, I tend to buy those already made either at Kroger (usually only $3.99 and I scrap off all the skin, salt, etc.) or BJ's wholesale (they are the best from them). I guess it probably helps that I don't watch/see a lot of infomercials, cause I'd probably have more stuff.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #7  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

I love my Chop Wizard for the most part. There are some down sides to it. The blades are a bit tricky to clean. It comes with a little comb looking thing that does a pretty good job but it can still be tough, particularly with onions. But I'd rather struggle with cleaning up after than the burning eyes for an hour after chopping! It doesn't work well for very soft stuff. Like pineapple-unless you want the crushed kind! As for other fruit it's great! It comes with 2 blades, one for chop and one for mincing. I use the bigger (chop) one most of the time. Got mine for $20 at Meijer but I know they have them at Target and Walmart, too.

And the 3 year old likes to try to chop, too!
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #8  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

A couple of years ago I won an Apple Peeler at office Dirty Santa exchange. Everyone thought it was funny because it is an "As Seen On TV" item...but I LOVE IT! LOL
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:17 PM   #9  
Britt/LAWL~Red

Dan I have the RP Rotisserie and I love it! In fact I did a chicken in it tonight. Turned out great. We normally do chicken or pork tenderloin but I have also done pork chops and kabobs. I usually cook it a little longer than what it suggest and I do not recommend doing a whole turkey. We did it one year and it caught on fire just a little bit haha!!! I say go for it! It opens up a whole new way of cooking for you and healthy too!!!
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #10  
Angela on LAWL

S/C/G: 213/178.8/140

Height: 5'3"

A person could go broke listening to all of your recommendations! LOL!
Snook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #11  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittyboo07 View Post
Dan I have the RP Rotisserie and I love it! In fact I did a chicken in it tonight. Turned out great. We normally do chicken or pork tenderloin but I have also done pork chops and kabobs. I usually cook it a little longer than what it suggest and I do not recommend doing a whole turkey. We did it one year and it caught on fire just a little bit haha!!! I say go for it! It opens up a whole new way of cooking for you and healthy too!!!
So, other than the part that caught fire, how did it taste?

Thanks for the recommendation y'all... I may take the plunge...

Do you really want to empty out your bank account? Go here:

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/

Last edited by Dan2112; 06-19-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 AM   #12  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie367 View Post
A couple of years ago I won an Apple Peeler at office Dirty Santa exchange. Everyone thought it was funny because it is an "As Seen On TV" item...but I LOVE IT! LOL
dirty santa exchange? LOL........is that anything like "yankee swap" from the office?????
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #13  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

dirty santa exchange? yankee swap?...I am obviously missing out on some fun at work!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:48 PM   #14  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Yankee Swap is from an episode of The Office. Dirty Santa sounds like it was for real.....LOL.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #15  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Dan, I love my rotisserie - and my turkeys have never caught fire, but when it says 15 lbs, it MEANS 15 lbs... not 16, not 18 and NOT 21!!!!! I've done chicken, turkey, ribs (not great - but I like my ribs a certain way) and fish on it. If I had the counter space, mine would be out all the time. I am going to get brave enough to do a prime rib in there one day, but since I am world famous (ok, just Kennewick famous) for my prime rib, it makes me nervous to do it differently.

Do not, under any circumstances by the EGGSTRACTOR. I will leave the graphic details to your imagination, but I do not need to see the inner workings of how a chicken lays an egg!
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote