Old 06-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

Default A GOOD DEED- Question

What center do you go to? Also, did the old LAWL screw you over in anyway? I was told by one of the CODs that I was on medical leave- when I returned today- ALL my weeks were gone
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 257/217/150

Default from a good deed

I go to the center by the Florida Mall right on OBT by the Boston Lobster Feast. I do not know YET if they have screwed me over yet. I think there is no way that I will ever get a refund when the time comes. They did have my file, I read that they had lost yours. I would push and push to get your weeks back. I would talk to the center manager and if that does not work I would call LAWL home office. I talked to many people in corporate when they were in transistion. It SEEMED like they were helpful.
-Deede
agoodddeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202.8/173.8/124

Height: 5'5

We go tot he same center! Rebecca told me I would be able to put my weeks on hold-then low and behold- they are gone Did you ever have any experience with her? So are you supposed to get a refund? How has your experience been with the new center--I'm a little uncomfortable with a guy being in charge of everything (WL is so personal for women- you know having to weigh in front of a man).
buffystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/217/150

Default Same Center, huh - wow!

They did not take anything away from me as far as I know, but I might be sadly mistaken down the road. I will be out of town for 14 weeks so I guess I better get everything in writing before I go! I like Rebecca most of the time but she did say some things that seemed incorrect to me at times.

I am uncomfortable having a male there. Asking when was your last bowel movement, discussing my period. Oh boy. I am more upset by the fact everyone is so new and inexperienced there. I think the counsellors before were more experienced outside of LAWL in weight loss and more intelligent overall. These people seem to me like they have just been trained recently and never did anthing like this before. I may be wrong, but that's the way it comes across to me.

Oh well.....I guess we have to hang in there. Let me know if you get the weeks back. I will ask them about weeks on hold in my case when I go in next.

Good luck!!
-Deede
agoodddeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:40 PM   #5  
Start Date Alli 1-4-08

S/C/G: 262/197.5/150

Height: 5'9"

My center screwed me over (I'm in Kansas). Complete and total turnover of staff, employees and policies. I'm told they won't honor anything the past manager told me (that I would be carried to goal weight if I followed plan without having to buy more weeks). I'm sure I can kiss my refund good-bye as well.

Does anyone know if you buy more weeks - are you required to buy the equivalent amount of lites to go with the additional weeks? (I have an old contract where the lites were still optional.)
RaceGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:44 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Look at your contract for the answer - and if you don't have the contract, make them give you a copy - but I believe you still have to buy the lites to continue w/o paying for weeks
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote