Old 05-22-2007, 05:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185.5/184/145

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Trying to make heads or tales of the program.

I was given the menu plan books: Red,Purple,Green,Blue,Yellow.
I was also given a monthly diary.

The person who gave me the books isn't much help. I asked her a couple of questions, one being how do I know where to start. I know thats why you go to the centers, and they really get you on that because they don't put anything in their books to give it away.

So it was suggested that I start on Red because that is the level that this person was started on. I then asked her about the other levels. When would you do purple, green, blue, Yellow? She said I don't know but I'm on yellow now. When would you use those levels? And how will you know when to change if you are doing it on your own?

I'm going to do an all food plan.
I don't really like to exercise much but have started doing 45 min a day.
from reading the message boards I know you need to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

I wan to get started soon, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tracy
Trastull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:22 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

If your friend is similar in size and activity level, I'd follow what she's been doing.

My plans changed when I hit about 30 lobs lost, but I had/have a lot more to lose than you do..

Start off with red.. Follow it EXACTLY as it's described and see how you do for the first three weeks or so...

You'll eventually need to drop some of the starch and proteins..

But I can't say it enough.. You have to follow it to the letter for it to work.. That will give you a gauge as to how effective it will be for you...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I would initially think you would be on gold w/lites, and without lites you move up a plan, so purple. However, some people stay on red without lites and still have success losing as well. And you are taller than me (A LOT).

General guidelines are red until about 220, then purple until 185-180 or so, then gold. Green is for those last few pounds, but barely anyone needs to get on green.

I would suggest that you try red for a week to see what that does for you. If you lose, keep doing it until you find yourself not losing, then move to purple.

Welcome and good luck!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Posting at the same time as Dan who (as always) gave you great advice. Follow it to the LETTER!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:47 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185.5/184/145

Height: 5' 10"

Thank You for pointing me in the right direction!

My "friend" is actually my Mother-in-law. Now she is on the gold level which I called the yellow this is after she lost 20 and is now currently in my weight range.

So if I follow where she is at now then I would be starting on gold.
I may try to pick up some bars so that I can go with the gold.

Thanks again, and I am looking forward to participating in the forum.

Tracy
Trastull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:53 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizlawchik View Post
Posting at the same time as Dan who (as always) gave you great advice. Follow it to the LETTER!

Awwwww.... Garsh!

Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote