Old 03-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #16  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Cate! welllll - the "little something else" does need to be enough! But, no, I don't get hungry.

I get in about the amount of breakfast/lunch/snack they suggest on their site, slimfast.com, and stay on-plan. I don't have 2 servings of SlimFast every day - sometimes I substitute. But I try for the equivalent of, say, their lunch suggestion of a shake with fruit serving and half a turkey-lettuce sandwich. For breakfast and the snacks (there are 2 snacks at my weight) I also try to stick with the amount of food they suggest for my weight. Then I eat a sensible supper with my family without obsessing over every calorie.

bargoo, that Cappucino flavor might just make me buy some extra cans! (doesn't come in my powder) It seems to be a favorite. Glad you posted with us.

purplecrush, wow, that's rough about getting laid off. And from a very personal-contact position, too. Well, getting into the sunshine is good for your wellbeing. Count your blessings often and keep on keeping on!
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #17  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Cate, That would certainly not hold ME over the day. Then again, we're obviously at two completely different weights, so I'm not sure what you would personally need. I just started Slim-Fast today, and this has been my day so far:

Breakfast: 1 Shake
Mid-Morning: 1 Meal Replacement Bar
Lunch: 6 Inch Subway Tuna Sandwich
Mid-Afternoon: 1 Snack Bar

I've taken in about 32 ounces of water so far, and I feel stuffed. The good stuffed though.. not the sluggish one. I've eaten about every 2-3 hours, and my entire day has been only 1070 calories-far less than what I should be eating for my weight, but the important thing is that I feel completely satisfied. Dinner will probably be a bowl of cereal and a shake just to bring up my calories for the day. I hope this somewhat helps!
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 AM   #18  

Hi all I'm a big diet switcher just can't decide what diet to do. I did Slim fast for a while but was really hungry so I'm going to do it according the slimfast site and eat with my shakes. Hope we can keep this thread going and do well! Talk to you all later.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:28 AM   #19  
Edge Of Glory

I just realized I never really introduced myself... I'm Tish and I'm a 22 year old college nursing student in NJ. I just started slim-fast yesterday, and so far so good. I got up to about 1070 calories by like 9pm at night and was still completely satisfied from over the course of the day, but I ate another meal bar just to bring up my calorie intake.

Anyway the real reason I'm posting is because I had the WEIRDEST dream last night. Lately I've been having these "premonition" dreams in a way, and I dreamed that I went to a convenience store and the first thing I went to grab for as usual was junk-- doritos, etc. Then I remembered I was doing slim-fast and I put all the junk back and went to grab some frozen strawberries to add to my shakes and left the store. Just wanted to share that haha

Anyway, good luck with your goals everyone!
Old 03-15-2007, 09:00 AM   #20  
Whittlin

Whoa, Tish - that IS a great premonition! They say we work out our concerns in our dreams, so maybe your subconcious is laying the law down to your concious!!! Oh, how I love Subway. Nursing is a super-important career. Great good luck.

Carrie, you have a creative handle/name. I really try hard to be happy with my lunch, as far as having a plate that looks like there's something ON it to go with the shake! LOL! I'm okay with breakfast being boring, but lunch needs to be something I'll look forward to and feel satisfied with. I love to change-about my half-sandwiches (tuna, turkey, egg salad) and really pile on the lettuce to make them appetizing and crunchy. Sometimes I make up a tuna salad with a LOT of chopped celery. I think there's a "crunch" factor in keeping ourselves satisfied!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Hello Girls! Have been a member here for awhile but this was the first time I have noticed the slim fast thread cool! I have been doing slim fast on and off since my hubby left for Iraq last August. I say on and off cause I was also doing ww but counting the slimfast into my daily points. So far I am down 61lbs. I try to do 30-40mins of Taebo everday or at least 5 times a week. I still have 41lbs to go till I get to my first goal of 180 which is not even close to recommended for my age and height but If I lose a hundred and 2 lbs I will feel like I have really accomplished something and then go from there. Hope everyone has a great day!
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #22  
Edge Of Glory

Whittlin, I noticed you're well on your way to losing 30 pounds, and I was just curious as to how long that took you. I was also wondering what your typical work out is, how often and how long For someone my weight, I know any exercise is beneficial, but I've read so many contradicting statements -- one said that anyone my weight is wasting their time working out 30 minutes! Anyway, just a few questions

Btw guys... I've noticed that my fat grams intake for the day is up at about 50-55.. that's way too high, right? The vast majority of those grams come from my tuna sandwich I like having.. and according to some of my research I should only be getting 10-15 grams.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:51 PM   #23  

Well just when I thought I was going to commit to a diet my Dr. really gave me a talking to and wants me to do another kind of diet because of the health problems I'm having. But I hope you all have great success I think slimfast is great. But I'll try the other thing for a while.
2muchbackend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #24  

Whittlin~ I was just wondering how long you have been on the Slimfast plan, it looks like you are having alot of success with this program! How much have you currently lost?
2BAbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 245/245/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to say that I LOVE Slim-fast. I have been using the products for a few weeks and have lost 10 pounds. (was at 250 now 240..) I love this plan so much. I drink a shake in the morning and a bar with lunch and than a normal dinner. (sometimes I snack on another bar in the afternoon if I am really hungry). I only drink water and watered down fruit jucie and lemonades. (I gave up sodas a month ago) All I can say is it really works. I was worried about spending the money and it not working. But it is and I couldn't be happier.
Majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 09:50 AM   #26  
Whittlin

61 pounds since August! Oh, married2asoldier, that is such an inspiration, thanks for posting! You are changing your life. There were several monthly SlimFast threads last year, but none since, maybe, last fall.

Majestic, congrats on your 10-pound weight loss in a few weeks, and also on giving up sodas – so virtuous! So far, SlimFast certainly hasn’t bitten into our budget here very much. If anything, it may reduce it some.

Carrie, all best wishes on the diet your Dr. has planned for you. Hope maybe it corrects some of the health issues and in the future you can have more options. Thanks for the encouragement! Just come on in and post with us and give us "a talking to", too, if we get slack! (Hope doctor wasn't too rough on you)

VirgoChick and 2BAbeachbabe, I started both an exercise program and SlimFast program and have been losing since August/September. I’ve gained a lot of muscle and am much more toned and tightened (feels great to this 50-year-old ), so I’ve actually lost from size 16 to size 12 along with the 22 pounds, which is 13 percent of my original body weight (I started at 170). I want to lose 30 pounds, which will be 18 percent. I’m sure I would have lost more poundage if I wasn’t on the exercise program, but I want to cinch in. The exercise program I chose is T-Tapp, (ttapp.com) a physical-therapy-based video workout. There are free videos of some exercises to try on the site, and a homepage link to results from the “Daytime” tv program’s test of the workouts. Dr. Nicholas Perricone gives it several pages in his new book. They say it gives faster inch loss for the time it takes than other workouts, and from my experience, I’d have to agree. I work out 2.5 hours a week and when I reach my goal, I can reduce that – in fact they suggest it, so I’m a happy camper.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #27  

I'm off to the store to stock up for the week. I'm excited about starting tomorrow! I may need to come here for moral support if the first day gets rough...
missqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 10:56 AM   #28  

I just started my first day. Had my chocolate royale shake with a couple frozen strawberries for breakfast. I thought about waiting until tomorrow since we will be going out for St Patricks day tonight. I figure I will just eat less than I normally would and I will still be better off than if I did nothing at all.

I am really motivated to get a jump on getting some of this weight off before summer! I am trying to make a realistic mini goal for June 1st. I haven't decided what it will be yet. I just don't know how much I will realistically be able to lose by then. I will have to look at the calendar to see how many weeks that is.

Hope everyone has a successful weekend!
2BAbeachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 274/167/175

Height: 6'0"

Hi! Long time dieter just starting SlimFast tomorrow. I lost 60 pounds and made Lifetime with Weight Watchers 3 years ago, then we had 2 deaths in the family and both my daughters were diagnosed with special needs. Being a comfort eater, I turned to food. I have gained 90 pounds. At 6'1" I am 272.

After trying a couple shakes I got on sale, I knew i could do this. Plus, my husbands is behind me. So glad to find this thread and hear the great success stories. It will a bit more difficult to exercise this time, as my feet have been affected by my weight.

Can't wait to get started!
Brisco444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #30  
We'll all get there!!!!

S/C/G: 225/tic/130

Height: 5'4"

Good for you for choosing a plan! Good luck! I officially started SF today...
Cate426 is offline   Reply With Quote