Old 01-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #1  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Default Canadian bacon

Hmmm...I thought that I remembered reading a post or recipe that involved Canadian bacon. When I looked it up in my menu guide though, there was nothing like that. Does anyone eat this as a protein, and if so, how much per serving? I'd love to find a way to enjoy going out for breakfast again, and without breakfast meat, I just can't face it.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:45 PM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

I hear you Angie.. I MISS BACON..

I read last week that two slices of regular bacon, cooked, only has about 6 grams of fat.. If we got the low sodium variety, I wonder what the harm would be? I'll have to ask at the COD..

A co-worker and I were talking about Canadian bacon just today at lunch.. He said that since it's made from the loin, it's much leaner.. But it is brinned, thus kicking up the sodium content.. If you could find a low sodium variety, I wonder if that would work...

Of course, I'd stay away from "back bacon" , eh? I'll bet "Take Off" menu gets a whole other meaning in Toronto, eh?

"So.. What're ya eatin', eh?" responce: "I'm doin' a "Take Off", eh? (You hoser!)

Sometimes I just crack myself up!

God I love bacon...

Last edited by Dan2112; 01-29-2007 at 03:50 PM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:02 PM   #3  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

...Five golden toques... Four pounds of back bacon, three french toasts, two turtlenecks, and a beer...innnnnn a tree!

What was the dog's name in that movie? Was it Hoser? *trying to remember* Oh! Hosehead!!!

Sorry, I'll get out of the bacon thread now.

hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:04 PM   #4  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Angie - have you tried any of the vegetarian breakfast sausages (2 links = 1/2 Protein)?

Also, I love the turkey sausage patties from the cookbook. You could make those and sneak them into the restaurant (I actually love them cold) and plop them on your plate when the waitress turns away.

I have actually had Canadian Bacon and counted is as a pork protein. But I wrote down that it was a 4 oz pork tenderloin. I don't recall gaining 10 lbs from eating it!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 04:06 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

I love that movie.. Yeah.. it was either Hoser or Hosehead..

Ahhh, the 80's... Good times for entertainment in Canada...

Now if only Rush would get that new CD out soon.. I'm dyin' here...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:59 PM   #6  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

heehee...loved the hoser comments! Kooo eee kee kee keee kooo koo kooooo

Dan, Yes, I admit it, I miss BACON. Sigh. Okay, maybe someday on a special occasion a long way down the skinny road, I'll celebrate with a slice or two.

Joni, I like turkey bacon and chicken bacon, but have not tried veggie bacon. After my adventures in soy burgers this weekend, I'm a little scared. I will try to make the turkey sausage patties though, maybe on the weekend!
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:35 PM   #7  
LAWL Since 12/1/06

S/C/G: 213/183.6/159

Height: 5'6

I use the Oscar Mayer Canadian Bacon (it's in a box next to the heat and eat bacon/sausage). It says on the box South Beach Diet approved and it's much lower in sodium than the other brands.

I can have per plan(purple w/lites) 1 oz (1 slice) which is 1/2 protein with breakfast (2 fried egg whites) and I chalk that up to 1 protein for the day when I do that.
LoriMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote