Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #1  

Default Need a recipe for a roast

I bought a sirloin roast before i went on my plan and now i don't know how to cook it. It would have to be something quick and easy, maybe like the crockpot?? I'm on the red plan and don't know how to fix it... any ideas?
WendyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM   #2  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Wendy -- I did one in the crockpot last week...just used Mortons & Pepper & garlic. Instead of having it for dinner we sliced it up for sandwiches or to throw on a salad.

I'll check in my cookbook tonight and let you know if I find something there.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:02 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Ok.. Not knowing how big your roast is, you may need to adjust the cook time a bit...

INGREDIENTS:

Non-fat cooking spray
2 to 3 pounds beef sirlion roast

1/2 tsp Morton's lite salt or salt alternative
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1/2 tsp.dry mustard
garlic powder (to taste)
1 cup of water (depending on the size of your crock pot, you may need more)
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1 small potato or one carrot stick

PREPARATION:
Heat non-fat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Brown roast on all sides.

After browning, rest roast on a plate and rub in dry ingredients. Allow to rest for a few minutes to let the dry ingredients soak in a bit.

On the bottom of the crockpot, place either the potato or carrot, cut in half.

Transfer roast to crockpot, so that it rests on the potato or carrot.

combine wet ingredients and pour into crockpot without pouring directly on the roast.

Cook covered on LOW for 5 to 6 hours. Let beef roast stand for 10 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!

You can try to eat the potato and carrot, but they might be overcooked and were really just there to keep the roast off the bottom of the crockpot anyway
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 02:43 PM   #4  

Thank you so much... those are great... question how does that convert to my allowance... is it just 1 protein (per serving)? I'm new at this
WendyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 03:01 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

My recipe would count as 1 protein, based on cooked wieght.. Just go by your menu guide for that. Also, since you're using a half-teaspoon of salt/salt substitute, remember that that's for the whole roast, not just your serving, so if it needs a bit more flavor, you can still add some to it on your plate.. If you choose to eat the potato, remember one half of a potato is a starch serving...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote