LA Weight Loss #36

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Hi Jibbelle:
    I usually see you ever is there. I tried sticking to one counselor but she was there one day gone the next and they do not say anything to you about what happened, they have trouble with clients leaving if the counselor leave. It seems like the ones you really like do not stay very long. I am skipping my weigh in today not feeling well anyway, so I will go on Wednesday.
    Have a great week.
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    10/20/01 154.25
    goal 135
  • I have had the same problem at my center. The same person does not work there for more than a few weeks. There is, however, a girl that has been working there for a couple months now. There are also several centers in St. Louis and they kind of rotate through the centers.

I also skipped weigh in today. I was at work for over 12 hours. Stopped and got Subway on the way home. I am exhausted and going to bed early!

I missed two fruits on my plan today. Guess it is better to miss than to eat something not on the plan.
  • I just went and weighed in. I was up 1.6 lbs!!!!

I am thinking maybe it is the time of day, water retention or what I was wearing. I am not going to be too concerned until after my next weigh in on Saturday. I always go every saturday morning and try to wear the same kind of clothes. This way I know I have an accurate weight at least once a week.

Hopefully today was bogus. Argh!

How is everyone else doing?????
  • Hi Jibbelle:
    That is why I did not go weigh in on Monday because I knew I was up, I go tomarrow so hopefully I am at least the same. I do notice though that when I do skip something on plan I also go up.
    I try to wear the same type of clothes (light) when I weigh in.
    I have a question for you if you do not mind answering, what type of eater are you I am a binger big time, I found myself the other day falling into the same type of eating I guess I thought after six months I would have some kind of control thinking I could stop eating when I wanted to. And I even did not think about it till the next day. I hope when I reach goal that I am more aware. But maybe giving up foods that I like for so long is part of the problem and I know the solution also.
    Have you bought any of the vitamins from LA I was taking the FB500 for awhile and I stop taking it last week and I had a headache for a couple of days I am not sure I want to start taking them again, The center will most likely complain they just want money most of the time.
    Have a good evening
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    10/20/01 154.25
    goal 135
    Changed my christmas goal to lose 15 pds.
  • Diane-

I gained most of my weight as a result of taking lots of steroid and anti-inflamatory medications. I have maintained that high wieght because of binge eating and lack of exercise. I agree that it is a hard habit to break. I find myself wanting to do it sometimes too. Especially if I am home alone and bored (which doesnt happen to often).

I am currently taking my own One-A-Day vitamins and a calcium tablet too. Because of a very rare degenerative joint disease I had I need loads of calcium that this diet obviously doesnt provide. I also take the FB500 after lunch or dinner if I eat much fat (especially if I eat out). A bottle lasts me about 1.5 months. I dont take the rest of the supplements. I am not sure about that Celluway stuff....as a biochemist I am pretty sure it wont work. I am also a little scared of the Trimax because of the blend of herbs it has. The herbs are natural but are very similar to synthetic medications that were banned by the FDA years ago. I am not sure if it is very good for you.

I was going to try a little experiment with the FB500 that I have not done yet. Take a glass of water, put in a tablespoon of oil, break open a tablet and pour it in. Does it bind up the oil (in globs) when you mix it in??? If not, then it wont work in your tummy either. I have not tried this yet...it is on my to do list.

Your new Christmas goal looks very good. I am sure you can do it!!! We can all get to out goals together!!!! Speaking of all....where is everyone!???!??!

Take care all
  • here me is
    here me is... that's what my mother-in-law told me my hubby said as a toddler when he played hide'nseek.

well, jibbelle... this won't be news to you (sorry) since we chatted briefly on IM.

Well, I finally made it back to the center... I had froze last week since I was out of town... then, when I returned... we had a wedding with which i helped decorate & cater... have been so busy.... then i have my hs reunion this weekend & another wedding of a close friends' daughter... sat after thanksgiving.... just too too much going on... no time to diet!

I sure dreaded going back to the center.... I had not stayed OP entirely... on the bus tour... it sure was hard... traveling for hrs at a time... made me ill & tired & ready to eat almost anything...

fortunately, i was only up 1/4 of a pound.. not to bad in my book... considering all the rush & stress. well, i saw a new counselor... didn't even bother to tell me her name... nor did she address me by mine & she had that written down for her when i signed in & when she pulled my chart. Decided right away that I wasn't going to ask.. that was her job to do the greeting... yeah, right... she's just there to get a paycheck... told myself that i was there for ME & I count!

anyhow, she himhauled (spelling?) around... scanning my diary quickly... didn't even notice the wedding cake or the spinach dip until i pointed it out... oh well... i know what i did & i 'm not beating myself up...

she started pushing the Take off drink... duh, i've been down that $20+ road before... told her that i had had good results the 1st time & poor results the 2nd... told her that since they needed $20... show me something different like the 2-day take off plan... she said that she could do that... so, i opted for that... told her that i was enjoying my fruits too much & that to go without them for 2 days sure beat going with out them 3 days...

not sure if it will help... but felt like since i had gotten off plan... it might motivate me once again.... know that i could do so much better if things would just slow up a bit... duh, the story of my life... too much to do & no time to rest.

didn't mean to gripe so... just tired & a little aggrevated with myself first & counselor 2nd... think that some of you can probably relate to that by what i've been reading.

anyhow, we got to remember why we are doing this... for ourselves! we count! & remember our goals... we can stick together and make this trip!

thanks for allowing me to vent... hope that i can have higher spirits next post.

I do hope that everyone is doing ok... as marcie always said, remember to drink your water... good ole water, that's what helped me from blowing this entirely!

take care all!
    nancy
  • Nancy-

It sure does sound like all of the centers have the same personel problems! Our center has been without a manager for a couple months. A new one started this week and I am hoping she works out. If she is good then maybe the staff turnover will not be so bad. I am sick of seeing new faces every time I go in. It would be better for all of the clients if they could see the same 2 or 3 counselors all the time. Guess what I would like is more personalized service....but maybe we are not paying enough to get that...yeah right!!!

OK...so enough venting! I came home sick from work yesterday but I am feeling much better today. I called my boss this morning and I am taking a personal day off. I still have one more left to use before the end of the year. Lots of vacation days too! I have so much school work and house work I need to do. It will be nice to have the day to catch up on things.

Question for you Nancy...so what is the difference between the two and three day take off plan? Other than the length? I have a feeling I am going to be doing that again soon. Argh.
  • 2 day take off
    Jibbelle,

I'll try not to get off on the counselors again (this time).. although I'm in full agreement with you.

Now you can lose weight at the speed of lite -- in just 2 days!

During this phase of your program, use the following menu:

TakeOff drink (4 oz takeoff w/ 4 oz water... 4 times p/day)

Water (must drink 6/8 (8-oz) glasses of water for these 2 days!)

2 green veggies

6-oz cooked lean protein

1/2 to 3/4 tsp Morton Lite Salt... required each day

No more than 2 regual 6-oz cups of coffedd while on TakeOff

~~~~~~ Alot less food than the 3 day in which you eat, eat, eat!

I wouldn't have known about the 2-day if not for having read a posting here... many weeks ago.

I believe that i have done the 3 day express... 3 times..
    when i started... dropped 17 lbs... unreal.. remember tom was visiting... he always messes me up big time

2nd time... lost round 5 lbs, 3rd time... only lost about 1 3/4... expensive loss that 3rd time... bout $10 p/lb...

i should have been thankful that it was a loss... anyhow, i just am so busy that i didn't think that i had the time to eat, eat, eat... so, when she mentioned takeoff... i asked what about the 2-day... what does that involve i didn't really have a clue...

now we know... lots of fluids, little food... hopefully lots of trips to potty... tell lbs to go bye,bye...

wondered if a fluid pill wouldn't do the same thing... hopefully, this takeoff will be a lasting boost to speeding up my metobolism & not just moving fluid retention...

will know tomorrow...

good thing that i didn't eat all my bars while on trip to ohio... she didn't think to ask if i had any & i didn't either...

have a nice day.... you can come do my housework too!

I hope that everyone else is behavin.... be good & be safe,

Nanc
  • Hi LA Weight Loss Buddies!
    I'm a gold plan girl -- started out one month ago at 156.8, and weighed in at the center at 150 this week, although my scales at home show a loss of 11 lbs. But, much more exciting, I was measured for the first time today. I had a loss of 14.75 inches in bust, waist, hips and one thigh. Woohoo!

My plan is modified to eliminate the fruit, which gives me an extra 2 milks, 3 veggies and one starch. I hate, hate, hate fruit. But I have found a fun way to eat the veggies (keep in mind that I'm a Southern girl). I use frozen squash slices or frozen broccoli to make single servings of squash or broccoli casserole.

Take required # of cups of squash slices or broccoli pieces (1 cup, 2 cups, 3 cups whatever)
    Cook these on high in a sauce pan with water until mushy.
    Season with lite salt and lots of pepper.
    When water cooks away, add diet margarine and sauté a little (if you don't have a fat left for the day, just eliminate this and it's fine)
    Then add how ever many milks you want to use in the form of shredded lowfat cheddar or colby (a quarter cup is a serving) and get it all melty.
    Add a tablespoon of fat free sour cream (I count this as a "free") and a serving of melba toast crunched into crumbs.
    Mix it all up and serve.

Yum!!
  • Your recipe sounds yummy bunny. I will have to try it sometime. It would be good this winter when fresh veggies get expensive and I start using more frozen ones. Congrats on your loss so far and good luck to you!!

Nancy-

I am not sure if I could do the two day take off. Not enough food for me. I am a piggy!
  • hungry & stressed
    Hey Jibbelle,

So far today, I've had 3 of my 4 TakeOff drinks, 1 LA choc peanut butter bar & 7 glasses of water... i like water... so, i usually drink lots of it... but, i have a headache... partly cause i'm hungry & then stressed about reunion & upcoming wedding...

saving my 2nd LA Bar for my afterschool snack.. trying to last until 3 pm... ain't that silly... still after all these years... i want to eat something at 3 pm

planning on either fish or chicken tonight... trying to decide what veggies... lettuce is on the list of choices... but i don't believe that dressing is... so, i considering cabbage, string green beans or zucchini... no dairy... so, although bunny's recipe sounds yummy... it's off limits today & tomorrow... believe that i could eat a entire 9 x 13 dish of it all by myself...

wondering if this will only make me hungrier than ever & make me mess up worse after these 2 days... i'm trying to be good... so far, i've stayed OP... just darn headache... better close & finish bios... errands to run... gotta go do payroll tomorrow & pay company bills... then go to p'cola to pick up class booklet for reunion that i had printed... so, hopefully... i will be running so... that i won't mind not eating... saving some water bottles to take takeoff drink in.... trying to figure out pit stops along the way to take potty breaks...

by the way... it's nice to meet you bunny! thanks for the recipe... it's always nice to have someone share recipes, especially those adaptable for our plans... thank you!

i wish you continued success with your diet and weight loss...

stay in touch...

later, ladies,
    nanc
  • Hi everyone:
    It sounds like we all have the same problems at our centers and we live in different areas.
    Nancy on the three day is that the one with the oranges and protein, I heard they are not doing that one anymore.
    I will probably do the take off next week, I go through times where I am ready to finish and other times I can't stand it anymore.
    When I joined in April they had LA Express I still do that quiet often lately, they don't like when I do it but it works for me. They want me to buy the juice but you can only do that every two weeks.
    Nancy it is not as restictive as the take off, the starches are still gone and fat but some fruit is allowed and the protein amounts are still the same and I get to add an extra LA lite.
    Jibbelle thanks for the posts for awhile there I thought we were the only ones left. Let me know of your experiment. I take the trimax, now I am not so sure I want to.
    Welcome bunnyblues congrats on you weight loss so far.

Diane
    4/10/01 201
    10/24/01 154
    goal 135
    Christmas goal down 15 pds.
  • Thanks Diane!

Well, this 2 day takeoff is over... I was to have gone to the center... my hubby was going to ride with me, but after work... we were both so tired... drained mentally & physically... that, I told him we could just come home... besides, I didn't feel well.

This was very restrictive and I have had a headache for 2 days... managed to stay OP... but ready for some food... although, I did have a grilled chicken breast and some steamed cabbage tonight.... I was so hungry... but, I actually ate slow... even left a few bites... I was to have 2 green veggies..., but, I just had a double serving of the cabbage...

Diane, the 3-day express is the one where you drink the orange takeoff drink, eat lots of protein, no fruit... limited starch, I think..maybenot... can't find my sheet right now... sorry... perhaps later. It's probably buried in some of this high school reunion mess... this weekend, yeah! I skipped the pep rally tonight... just to darn tired... so, I didn't push it.... reception tea, parade, ballgame, party.... party, family picnic, Sat... glad to see folks, but glad for it to get over... I have been working on the mess since July... time to move on...

I hope that everyone has a great weekend... i hate that i didn't go weigh... got on scales here... although they are different than those at center... not much of a change for starving... will weigh again in the AM... can't get back to center until next week... oh well, I'll know better tomorrow perhaps...

take care,
    nancy
  • Hello all--

I dont really have any news to report. I am going to weigh in Saturday morning so I will let you know how it goes. I would really like to make that 25 lb milestone this week!

I am getting a computer ugrade this weekend so I am not sure if I will be on the boards, but I will let you know by Monday how weigh in turns out!! I hope it is good or they are going to make me drink that orange stuff....ick!

Take care all...and have a great weekend!

MarcieB
  • Hi everyone:
    I had an O.K. weigh in I feel kind of blah this week not really into it. The new counselor left, the manager said she never came back or called.
    I have to weigh in tomarrow again or the manager said I lose my rebate if I do not go in 3 times a week, I guess I made it this far I can go eleven more weeks.
    Diane
    4/10/01 201
    10/26/01 153.25
    goal 135
    christmas wish 15 pounds