Old 01-02-2007, 04:45 PM   #1  
redhead30

S/C/G: 215/210/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Starches...

Anyone know if any of the baked chips or pretzels can count as starches? They're not listed in the book, but I thought that might be because they sell their snack products.
redhead30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #2  
Britt/LAWL~Red

It is probably because of the product that they sell but you might want to buy a bag and compare the nutritional info with some baked chips. I bet there are a few on here that have baked chips as a sub for the LAWL ones or that have looked into it. But for myself I am going to stick to the plan as much as possible I find that if I start tweeking it to much that i get off track.
brittyboo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM   #3  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

I have subbed baked cheetos or TJs reduced fat cheese curls for the lawl cheese curls. I have also had baked chips. They are not on plan-the COD will fuss about the sodium, etc. So I just write LA snack in my book. However-these are trigger foods for me so it's best not to have them in the house.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #4  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

Wow Julie marie, I just realized you have lost 94 pounds! That is so great! Congratulations to you!!!

About the starches, I really like the LA snacks. They are 10 for $15 here in Canada and I think 10 for $10 in the US so they are pretty cheap. My favorite is the BBQ ones. They remind me of a BBQ chip but in twist forum. Really good!
Also I eat a lot of different kind of crackers for starches that are yummy! Like melba toast, ryvita, wasa, and rice crisps. They really take care of that craving for something crunchy. And all of them are allowed on LAWL. Those all are in the book except for the rice crisps, My councler told me about them and said I could have them. In the US someone said you can find them in the International food section. They are a Canadian food by Mr Cristie/Kraft foods.
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:47 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

I think the salt on the baked stuff is the big sticking point.. I found some soy chips, kind of like those thin rice cake chips, that are really tasty, but again, the salt is a big problem..

Stuff like that is trigger food for me too, so I just avoid it all, including the LA stuff.. They just don't have enough flavor for me..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:49 PM   #6  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

If I eat the chips, I get the 100 calorie packs, they are lower in calories than the LA snacks. Portion control is my biggest problem, so the little packs are perfect. Some COD's have said NO WAY, mine has said, not reccomended because they want to sell you their stuff, but they are ok. If they don't cause cravings or slow down your weight loss, then I say go for it on occasion.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote