Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 01-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/247/130

Default Food Selection challenge!!

Ok if you guys are like me you kinda follow in a pattern and eat alot of the same things day after day!! So my challenge to you is to try something knew every day, either it be an entire new dinner completely, a new veggie, a new fruit, a new recipe or something. Just something new and then come here and post about it!! Variety is good and it will help you from getting bored the same old thing!!! Come on try something new!!
Old 01-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196/196/135

Height: 5'5"

Just got this great new cookbook. 365-No Repeats by Rachel Ray. Love it! If you stick to portions it's pretty on. Last night we had a recipe called "Lamb Stew..Wink-Wink" and the night before "Citrus Scallops with golden raisins and capers". Lots of comfort foods and kid stuff in there too. Sometimes you have to tweak it a bit to reduce fat but mostly she uses EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
Allie
Old 01-29-2006, 08:39 AM   #3  
MEL

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'2

Last night I had Southwestern Chicken. It was pretty good. I like how you cooked because you broke it down into servings. I had to fix mine so it was on plan, but I put everything into one aluminum foil and baked it in the oven. I had 1/3 cup of brown rice (give or take) (carb), 4 oz of uncooked chicken breast (2 protein), sprinkled the chicken w/ chili mix, 1 oz of ff shreaded cheese (protein), and 1 tbs of FF ranch dressing (free). You put all that together on a sheet of aluminum foil and fold it up on all sides and bake. I added 1 cup of cooked broccoli and it was very good. The flavor of the chicken was delicious. Serving all in the aluminum foil is great because everyone was able to grab an aluminum foil and placed on their plate. Left overs are in the frig. No measure, just grab one an reheat. I found this recipe on KraftFoods.com.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:42 AM   #4  
Whip It Good

Last night dh and MIL had steak. Ds and I had tofu and some leftover tortellini with sauce and a big pile of veggies.

I am not much of a cook.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 AM   #5  
Susan hockeyfan7

My diet is so very limited because of my Celiac disease that I don't try much of anything new - it could get me. I can't even buy old familiar products without carefully reading the labels in case they changed the formula.

I do eat a wide variety of fruits and veggies though and I'll eat just about any meat. I like buffalo and elk along with beef, chicken, fish, shellfish, lamb, etc.

I just started eating yogurt - does that count?
Old 01-30-2006, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I had everything on the buffets we went to in Vegas!!!

...actually, I was pretty good, believe it or not. I had a fabulous meal at Wolfgang Puck's Bar & Grill in the MGM Grand... I'm going to serach for the receipe and post it here for you. It was grilled salmon with a plum sauce and butternut squash with brussels sprouts, pearl onions and dried cherries. I had water, not booze.

I'm still shocked at how well I behaved! I walked the strip every day shopping my little heart out so I skipped the gym. I'm currently hurting worse than if I had worked out. Ouch...