Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-22-2006, 11:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Default Considering surgery? Think again!

20 yrs ago, I had stomach stapling. Stopped losing over 25 lbs short of realistic goal weight. Discovered the cons of surgery - frequent bouts of bulemia, sometimes by overeating, but also just the type of food, and these are some foods which are offenders: chicken (yes!) raw veggies and fruits, rice, ice cream. Foods which never cause vomiting are "melters" like chocolate bars. How can u expect to succeed with this? I eventually yo-yo'd 50 of the original 75 lbs back, and now am learning the hard way that you can't expect someone else (like a surgeon) be the "self" in self-discipline. The worst part of this is now that I am almost 60 years old and facing the eventuality that I have shortened my life span by all this abuse of my body. I hope I am on track trying to start a whole new lifestyle of eating, have lost 12 lbs but best of all, my blood pressure is down to normal from very very high.
louise7900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/218/150

Height: 5' 3'

You certainly are on track by starting a new lifestyle. That is my plan as well. I did consider surgery at one time but was too "chicken" to follow through. I couldn't see putting myself through that just because I was fat. I've been on various diets all my life, none successful. I'm willing to give in another try at age 62....so I wish you luck in your endeavor. BTW, congrats on lowering your blood pressure.
JaVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 PM   #3  
Is too long. I sum up.

S/C/G: 240/229.5/140?

Height: 5'6"

Good job on the blood pressure, Louise7900.

There are so many people who struggle with their weight, and I think every single one needs to find her own path.

Welcome.
Eiluj is offline   Reply With Quote