Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-20-2006, 08:09 PM   #1  
FatFelineFriend

S/C/G: 280/272/150

Height: 5'4"

Default hello new friends

Hello, I'm glad to be here with like-minded people. I am setting up this profile in anticipation of starting my LAST DIET and continuing weight-loss/lifestyle change in January.

After looking around, I've decided I will probably join the "100 lbs. to lose" and the "300+ and ready to try again" groups. and the 300+ clubs. I don't know which diet to chose, but I'll make a decision by January. I weigh somewhere between 280 and 300 lbs. and I'm 5'4". My goal is 150-170 lbs., but I know it will take time and that I will need to set mini-goals to get to the bigger prize.

I am 42 yo, single, existing in North Texas for the past near three years. I HATE it here and am doing everything I possibly can to get away from this entire state. Kinda difficult -- It's a big state and jobs are scarce.

It's too darn hot to grow anything but negativity here -- at least that's been the case with me -- but you probably noticed that, huh? This overwhelming emotion has also added to my weight problem.

I have a 24 yo daughter living in Louisiana, two black cats and a white German shepard. I have four "grandcats" I am hoping to get back to Cajun land eventually.

My favorite hobbies are sleeping and eating so I guess I'll be exploring new and old ones in the new year. One will be journaling, here and elsewhere. I also read voluminously.

My biggest hurdle is binge, emotion-based eating. Fortunately (or unfortunately?) I never got into the purging part of the "binge and purge" equasion. I eat when I'm bored, happy, sad, angry, resentful, when I'm driving, reading, watching tv, surfing the internet. I also enjoy drinking alcohol, usually one night a week on the weekend. I work second shift so my clock is always off-center. And I have a lower back bulging disk which periodically crashes into nerves in my spinal column. When that happens I can barely move, and exercise is out of the question. It's happened twice this year.

That's about it. Like I said, even though this introduction sounds bad-tempered, I am glad to be here. I drew on material for this writing from a cheat sheet of suggested information over on the 100+ board.

Can't wait to be reading/learning/sharing here.
Blessings,
FFF
FatFelineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:31 PM   #2  
300+ Chick

Welcome FFF... I am a lurker and post when I get a chance to be here. You make a good courage on posting and just wanted to say Welcome and Good luck with your weight loss efforts. You can do it!!

Liliann
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote