Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 340/309/175

Height: 5'11"

Unhappy New to Online Chatter.. Need some encouragement

Hi.. My name is Kira. I am new to the online world of dieters, but I am hopping that I will find some great friends and encouragement to help with my weight loss battle. I am a 25 year old female and 6 months ago gave birth to my first child, a beautiful little boy! Being a mom is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, but the weight that I gained during my pregnancy is the worst! Pre-Pregnancy I was on a weight loss journey that was going pretty smoothly (surprisingly) I have never been small (May 04 weighing 280 and 5'11) By April 05 I had lost nearly 60 lbs and felt wonderful. I still had more weight to lose, but a wedding was in my future and the planning had taken over. I maintianed my weight at 225 and got married on Sept 3, 2005. My new husband and I found out that we were expecting our first child on our honeymoon (OOPS)... No wonder i was feeling so crapy the few weeks prior to my wedding. From that moment on, my diet was out the window. I should have listened to my mother and not eaten everything in sight, by my old habits and love of food took over (times 10) and by the time my baby arrieved on May 10th, 2006, I had gained almost 100 lbs!!!!! AUGHHHHH.. For some reason I thought that weight would come right off, but it has been six months and it hasent budged! I am sick about it and with the holdiays approaching I am scared! I am currently at 330. That number is unbeleivable. I refuse to buy clothes and am still wearing some of my maternity clothes. I am embarassed to be seen by old friiends and avoid group gatherings. My life revolves around my son and my job and that is it.. I am sad. I have a closet full of clothes that don't fit me and every morning i look at them and almost cry. I need help... and would love to make some new friends... I can't wait to hear from you!
Old 11-19-2006, 12:28 PM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi Kewa and

Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!! We're so glad to have you here. This is a fantastic place for encouragement, support and advice and yes friendship as well. Look around at all the different forums and post away so that we get to know you. And please keep in mind that you absolutely CAN do this and before you know it you'll be wearing all those old clothes of yours!
Closed Thread