Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 283/275/150

Height: 5'4

Cool Newbie from Florida over here!

Hey!

I was at Walmart today and casually picked up the First Magazine which had an article in it about women losing weight. It then gave me this website. I feel like I have died and gone to heaven.

I currently weigh 275 & have lost 8 pounds. I started 'my new journey in life' about twelve days ago. I am basically doing this myself, not really following any diet. I am just trying to eat 1200-1500 cals a day & drinking at least 64 ounces a day. I exercises as much as my body can take. I am very limited as to what I can do because I have a few health issues weighing me down. For about 18 months now I have had heel spurs which makes me not able to do walks. Then this past August I was in a car accident and am having lots of back issues. I guess things can't get better before they get worse.

I need to get healthy. I am sick of not even being able to look at myself in the mirror. I am sick of hating shopping. I want to look good, feel good about myself, and not have to worry about diabetes or heart disease.

New friends are always needed and welcomed. Give me a PM and I would to exchange email/aim/yahoo/msn.

Hope to hear from you all soon.

- Jennifer

Oh yeah! My name is Jennifer, I am twenty and I live in florida.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:01 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Jennifer

I noticed your intro because I used to live in Fort Lauderdale!

I just now read about the ad in First magazine and the next post I saw was yours! That is super! You have come to a wonderful place for support and encouragement.

Let me invite you to the greatest group EVER... I know you are not quite high enough in weight but neither was I when I joined and that is fine! It is the "300+ and ready to try again" --

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Most of the chat is in the numbered threads... currently at 1042 but it changes frequently. We also have a thread where we each set our own exercise challenge (minutes) for the month and then post our totals as well as group total. It's not a contest as we are all at varying levels!

BTW I am also on my own plan... just eating right and moving my butt! At my doctor's advice I stay closer to 1800 calories though. I also have the bone spurs and plantar fascitis so understand completely! Getting some of my weight off is really helping though. But hey, just do what you can do and don't worry about what you can't!!

I can't wait to get to know you better.

in Seattle
Old 10-29-2006, 07:43 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!

Jennifer!

You've come to a great place for support, advice & encouragement!

You CAN do this!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
Closed Thread