Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2006, 03:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'5"

Default Hello all from Australia

Hi Ladies just thought I should introduce myself. I've been reading your stories for a couple of weeks now and thought I should share mine.

I'm a 35 year old stay at home mum of two. I've always put others needs before my own and I guess thats why I'm in this situation. Food used to rule my life, but not any more! I have taken control! I have also joined up with Curves and feel so much better for making myself go every day!

My story is probably similar to a lot of others. I go on a diet and lose weight only to put it all back on again. I can't tell you how many times I've done this! Not this time. I'm changing my whole outlook towards food. Diets work well while your on them, but unless you make permanent changes you usually end up right back where you started!

This time I'm choosing to eat well, not weigh everything and obsess about every little morsel that passes my lips! And so far its working. I hope I can keep it up.

barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:22 AM   #2  

Height: 5'5"

Could someone please explain to me how the ticker thingy works! As you can see I'm not to sure how it all works. Where are the kids when you need them!!
barbegirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 AM   #3  

Location: in your pantry... those cookies are in here somewhere.

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'7

Hi barbe! welcome to the forums.. from the looks of it you got it right...
I could be wrong but from what I understand you just have to update the ticker and your profile as you start trimming down...

I love Aero chocolate... they're the best in the world. A friend of mine from Aussie was supposed to send me 10 bars but he ended up in rehab. LOL
Guess I'm going to have to wait... and instead of 10 bars at once I'll opt for one a month as my reward.. LOL
gordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:40 AM   #4  

Hi. I'm new here too. My first post was yesterday. LIke you I am a mom to 2 kids. I also have a relative in Australia. Never been but would love to go. Hopefully when my little ones are a little older and could stand the long flight. I here it is beautiful. Welcome. Hope we can help each other out.
healthywtloss4me is offline   Reply With Quote