what to do - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #1  

Default what to do

i am 65 and need to lose 70 to 75 pounds. i have tried every program and every pill out there and nothing worked. i spend over $5,000 in two years trying to lose weight and nothing worked. does some have an idea? from scoop
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #2  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

What programs have you tried? Have you given Weight Watchers a chance? Unfortunately, pills, powders and other lose weight quick items are either usually a scam, or you will gain the weight back almost immediately. 3FC provides the support to go with any plan you might choose!
boaterswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:26 PM   #3  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Yup- there really is no magic pill or miracle plan - it's all about calories in versus calories out. As long as you're burning more than you're eating, you'll lose weight. Try tracking how much you eat to get a good idea of what you have to change - fitday is a great oline tool for this. Then you can start making little changes - replace soda with water, eat a piece of fruit for a snack instead of something higher in calories. The point is to make changes you can live with for the rest of your life, 'cause if you start making drastic changes just to get the weight off, and you go back to your old habits once you've lost it, all the weight will come off. Check out the all the different diet plans forums to get an idea of what's out there (I do calorie counting and exercise), and hopefully you can find something that works for you. Good luck!
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:44 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Scoop. I'd have to ask too: What ideal and programs have you tried? I know it's harder for us "older" ladies to lose weight, but it's not impossible. It's just a matter of eating less and moving more. And I don't think one without the other works. Especailly not long term. It is discouraging to work hard and not lose weight but don't give up. Have you tried writing down eveything you ate in journal? Sometimes portions sizes are just much larger than we think they are. I pull out the old measuring cups occasionally to make sure that i'm still getiing it right.
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote