Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/150

Default newbie needing lots of help and support

Hi all:

I just stumbled onto your community and had to join right away. I have been strugling with my weight forever (5'4" and 200 lbs). I am hypothyroid (8 yrs since dx) and I work out 4-5 times per week but still cannot lose 1 lb I know simply outrageous. I'm hoping that this forum is going to be what I need to get my life back ! and my weight down...
any suggestions on getting started and getting the most out of this forum
thnks
hermanita32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:02 AM   #2  
trouble

S/C/G: 240/219/160

Height: 5'4

Welcome, and congrats on taking the first step!

As far as getting started, have a look around, there is a wealth of knowledge here, check out the various forums and out the search feature at the top of the page if you want to find something specific. If you've already figured out where you want to be, then the next step is to figure out a plan on how to get there Good luck, and again, Welcome!
isthatreallyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #3  

thanks much..i'll definitely make use of the differnt forums
Old 10-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm pretty sure there are others who are hypothyroid. I wonder what would happen if you put that in a search.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 PM   #5  
I don't look back

S/C/G: 235 / 196.2 / 145

Height: 5'4"

Default I understand...

Hi there! i completely understand the hypothyroid thing. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto thyroiditis about a year ago. Not only is it difficult to lose weight, but my hair is also thinning. (A reaction of Hashimoto's, according to my doctor). I'm right there with your struggle. I just joined today as well, although I've been lurking around reading the different boards for some time. Feel free to email or PM me anytime.
Losingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #6  

this is my first post here. But as I read your experience with Hypthyroidism, I had to reply. I can totally relate .. I was 5'4 206. I exercised 5 days a week and gained! BUT here is what I tried, the exercise I was doing was intense but, didnt work for me. The only thing I found that worked is theFIRM , but NOT system 3... System 2, go figure! I have FINALLY started dropping 2 pounds a week and am now 16 pound down! Bummer, I now have to have surgery to remove the thyroid, so I will be unable to workout... (just hoping for no cancer!) Find what works for you! The Firm and WW and this site is what is working for me! GOOD luck!
whammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:34 AM   #7  

Hi all
thanks much for all the advice ! Whammy...I hae the Firm system 2 so I'll be giving that a try. I also just started Jenny Craig on 1200 calories (day 4 today) so I'm hoping I'm on my way to seeing results... Thanks again and I look forward to chatting with all of you.

Be Well
H