Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-14-2006, 01:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/196/140

Height: 1 very chubby shorty

Talking Hello Friends! From The N.C. Foothills

I was thrilled to find this forum and read some of the wonderful post from you all... your words are filled with so much energy, heplful advice and support, just what I need.

I'm 46 and starting the early stages of peri-menopause. I have always battled with my weight, even as a young child. I'm very short (4'11) and a few pounds looks like LOTS on me! (and feels like a lot too)

I've done the diet pills (and hated the way they made me feel)---- during my late 20s and early 30s...the pills would work for a while, but the weight always came back.

In my late 30s, I did Susan Powder, lowfat and work outs....I did great for a few years (I was very motivated) and after a few years, I got lazy and the pounds came back.

Early 40s, I joined weight watchers and loved it, I have been off / on the WW program for over 5 years.

Now...at age 46, (1 year off of WW due to travels) I have went from 185 to 195 and then the scales hit 204 a few weeks back. I was in shock. I have many days that I feel so bad, ache, fatigue, no get up and go....but how did I let myself get this way?

I know that I have to get control, for my life, my heath!!!....I have shortness of breath, IBS, heart burn, knee and back pain, etc. etc. and all as a result from the extra pounds.

My Doc told me to get down "to at least 175"......so thats my first "mini goal" and then continue to 150. (140 would be even better!) and with this support group, filled with wonderful folks like you, I know that I can do this!

Thanks for listening to my life's weight-history of problems!

--CynLu
CynLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 04:17 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1"

Hello and Welcome CynLu!

3FC is such a great place for support and encouragement. You'll find lots of that while you're here.

Good luck in your WL journey and glad to have you here!
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 07:57 PM   #3  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Hi CynLu; good luck on your journey. This is such a great forum for support. Browse through the threads and just jump in; the people are so friendly & encouraging here... I'm in Raleigh- so hello from another part of the state and Welcome!!!
Miss_Cretia is offline   Reply With Quote