Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #1  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile New here...need support

Hi there. I'm new. Just wanted to introduce myself and see what this is all about.

I've just started my "diet" this week (Monday, Sept. 18th) and I'm doing pretty well so far. I decided to give the "eat small portions every three hours" thing a go and see how it works for me. I weighed myself on Monday morning and I am not letting myself get back on the scale until next Monday morning. We'll see how I did then.

I'm also limiting myself to two Diet Cokes per day. That hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. I've been doing really well on my water consumption.

I even did pretty well at the State Fair yesterday. Now, I'm trying to be realistic and not completely cut out all of the bad-for-me food that I like, I'm just not eating as much and trying to eat better. But honestly, I'm still going to have a piece of candy occasionally and I know if I try to tell myself that I absolutely CAN'T have it, that I won't stick to this diet for very long.

I'm keeping a food journal, counting calories and fat grams and ounces of water per day, and I've stuck to my goals all week so far.

So, basically, if everyone here will wish me luck and give me any advice or constructive criticism, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 12:57 PM   #2  
Spanish chick

S/C/G: 142/127/???

Height: 5'2''

Thumbs up

Welcome Trisha!

It seems you have things very clear. It's true that banning all the foods you really like forever isn't a very realistic goal. I think you're doing great . Like people said here, baby steps is allways the best option. Making healthy improvements in your life taking it easy is better than deprive yourself drastically. I'm also trying to eat every 3 hours but my body is so used to the "3 big meals" that I find very difficult eat five-six little meals. But I'll do my best, and I'm sure you're going to do your best too . Good luck!
mokenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #3  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokenju View Post
I'm also trying to eat every 3 hours but my body is so used to the "3 big meals" that I find very difficult eat five-six little meals. But I'll do my best, and I'm sure you're going to do your best too . Good luck!
Mokenju! You don't know how glad I am to hear that someone else is trying this. Every time I've mentioned it to any friends, they look at me kinda crazy. LOL I think it's really working for me though. It's definitely keeping me from getting ravenous when I sit down to eat. I've actually stayed fairly "full" every day so far.

I think the food journal is REALLY helping me a lot too.

*edited because I can't spell today!
Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:54 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi there. Eating 5-6 smaller meals is the best way to eat according my doctor and nutritionist. The way it works is by stabalizing your blood sugar so you don't have the peaks and valleys. I try to have my breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Having protein with each meal/snack helps to control your hunger. Good luck.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote