Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-30-2006, 08:27 PM   #1  
Smartypants

Default Hi everybody new here!

Okay I admit, I've lurked for quite some time, but I love your candidness and obvious closeness and support you give to each other, and couldn't resist this time. I have quite a bit to lose, and really wasn't overweight til my high risk pg with my daughter. The weight has come off, then revisited, then came off, then revisited, and I guess my main two problems are (1) I need a great appetite suppressant. I work a lot and it's great exercise but drains my energy and increases my appetite. Not too sure if I'll ever find one that actually works. (2) I need a buddy, someone who understands and is willing to let me lean on them and lift me up so that I can give the same in return. I'm thrilled to be here, and really look forward to getting to know each of you.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:58 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/264/160

Height: 5'5

Hello,

I'm pretty new here as well but I loved how supportive everyone was so I registered. I've just started Weight Watchers and well i have a long road ahead of me but I am determined to make it work....a little inspiration along the way is needed. Im sure we can inspire each other...

Me
Merissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

Welcome txangelgirl!
What kind of eating plan are you on?

One thing that really got my attention in your post is that you said exercise makes you tired and increases your appetite. This makes me wonder if maybe what you're eating isn't providing your body with all the nutrition it needs, because exercise should make you feel more energized and suppress your appetite.

Anyway, glad you decided to join in. This is a great place to get support and encouragement.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:42 PM   #4  
Smartypants

well, the eating plan I was on was one I made up myself, and worked pretty well. I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks on it. I averaged about 1000 a day, treating fat like the plague, and eating lots and lots of veggies, fruits (unprocessed of course) and lean proteins. Essentially for every 3 oz of meat I would eat 3 servings of fresh veggies, either steamed or in salads. I watched everything I put in my mouth and ate small frequent meals whenever I was hungry. I also drank at least 20 ounces with every meal and every snack of water. But then someone rear ended me and I got whiplash, and was laid up for over 2 weeks, so obviously I got off my diet, cause I was drugged up on vicodin most of the time for the pain. As far as exercise, its never made me feel energized, Texas heat and humidity the culprit no doubt. It was so funny, I heard a commercial for Quick Weight Loss and that its only $6 a week, so I thought I'd check it out. Come to find out, it costs over 3500 a year, yes that's three thousand five hundred dollars. When they told me the cost, I said I am an advertising consultant (which I am, for Yellow Book USA) and their radio advertisement is false advertising and they can be sued over it, for misleading information. Its like they advertise 6 a week just to lure you in then slap you for the remaining 3494.00. Crazy. Anyways, what I was doing was working well, but I thought maybe you guys knew of something I didn't, that I could try as well.
txangelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi everybody... just dropped in here to say to you newbies! So glad you are enjoying it here.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: Size 24/Size 20/Size 8

Height: 5'7"

txangelgirl,

It sounds like you're eating the right types of food, but you might want to consider adding a little bit of fat and some complex carbs like brown rice or whole grain bread. The body needs SOME fat to be healthy. Olive oil and canola oil are healthier than fat from animal sources. Also, 1000 calories a day is really low, and I'm not surprised that you don't have energy to exercise. Unless you're about 4 feet tall, your body needs at least 1200 calories a day just to maintain normal functioning. You might find you get better long-term results if you add more calories and more exercise. I eat almost twice as many calories a day as you do, exercise 6 days a week, and have energy to burn--and I still am losing weight pretty fast. Just food for thought.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote