Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 350/345/140

Height: 5'1"

Default Newbie from Texas

Hi, I'm Gloria, from West Texas.
I am looking for buddies, to help me stay on this diet, I am on day 5 and it is really getting hard, the cravings are really kicking in now.
Hope to hear from someone soon
Gloria
TexasGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #2  
Braxton & Baylie's MiMi

Gloria,

Welcome to 3FC website. Hey, I'm a Mimi from West Texas too. I live in Lubbock, where are you? I'm dong Weight Watchers and exercising using Turbo Jam and Slim in 6.

What plan are you using to lose weight? I use the Flex program because I don't have to give up any foods, just stay within the point allowances for my current weight.

What are you craving? I satisfy my "sweet and Chocolate" cravings by eating the sugar free chocolate pudding with a dab of cool whip. Just remember that you are doing this to feel better and live a healthy lifestyle. I keep celery, carrots and also make a vegetable soup that helps fill me up. It's hard to help you until you let us know what your needs are.

Good luck--stay focused and here's some
Turbomimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 10:49 PM   #3  

Default hi

Hi Gloria, I'm a grandma, or mema, too. I know all about those cravings! I try to keep them from getting too bad by eating 6 small meals and snacks so I don't go too long without food. Did you watch Opra today? She said that those times that you get hungry "for a little something" after you meal was when your body is trying to lose weight. I try to remember that. I also plan a treat every day so I know I'm not giving up the things I love. In the afternoon I sit down and have a cup of tea and a cookie, a small piece of chocolate.......just one, but i look forward to my treat.

It's not easy, but you can do it!
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:46 PM   #4  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Gloria!

Welcome to the boards.

I'd like to invite you to join us over in the 300+ area. We have a special thread going for those 40+ that I think you might like. Here's a link to the one we're currently on: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92895

When you come to the forum's main page you will find us under Support Groups. Click on the 300+ And Ready To Try Again and it will take you to the whole section. We have our own recipe, picture, exercise and weigh-in threads as well. I think you'd enjoy the girls that post there.

Hope to see you joining us.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 08:20 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 350/345/140

Hi Mimi,
I live in Big Spring, TX. It is about 2 hrs from Lubbock. I have a brother and his family that live in Wolfforth. My nephew is an elementry principle.
I am also starting the WW Flex Plan, I joined the on-line WW.
Good Luck,
Gloria

TexasGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 10:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Gloria, and welcome! Glad to have you here!

I see thinthinker has already invited you to our 300+ section... hope you come over and join us and wanted to second that invitation. It is a wonderful group and though I didn't quite "qualify" when I started they were so welcoming and encouraging so I joined right in anyway!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 12:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

waves to Turbo ~ hey chic! hope ya weekend was good

hello gloria .. i work to the east of ya in Colorado City .. heya neighbor! hold in there .. just take things a day at a time! i find that if i munch on some healthy snacks i do better with my cravings !
welcome to the chaos
owira is offline   Reply With Quote