Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #1  
Laurelei

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5' 6"

Talking Hello Fellow Dieters! I'm new here...

Hi everyone, my name is Lauren, you can call me Lauren or Laurelei. I am 18 years old and I just started my freshman year at college. I've been chubby since middle school, and I've dieted so many times I've lost count. My main weakness in dieting is cravings. Especially for chocolate. I can eat healthy meals, but when dessert comes my sweet tooth plays the devil.
Dieting has only worked for me once, and I was with it for several months and I was losing weight and doing great. Then one day I literally stopped and thought "Wow, Im being successful at this" so I binged like crazy and ended up gaining 8 lbs. I don't know why I want myself to fail. I have always failed in the past so when I actually did succeed, I stopped myself. I don't know why I did that to myself. But I am going to make sure it doesn't happen this time.
Basically, I just want to lose about 23 lbs or so, and also avoid that deadly Freshman 15!!
Here's a photo of what I look like now:

I'm hoping to get rid of that big ol' round belly and maybe even have even breasts? I don't know if that will happen, but I hope so.
Well thanks for listening everyone!

Last edited by laurelei; 08-27-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Oops my pic didnt show up
laurelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:33 PM   #2  
Brit Chick

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to 3FC!

I hope you have fun browsing around the different forums. You'll find lots of good ideas and support. Feel free to drop in and say 'hi' anywhere - the folks here are very welcoming.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!
penpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164/155/150

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Hi Lauren!

I'm a college student, too, so I know what a tough transition it can be to go from good, home-cooked food to mass-produced cafeteria food. I wasn't able to keep off the freshman 15, but I'm sure you'll be able to with the motivation and support you need. I'm going into my junior year next week so maybe my "college experience" can help you get used to the changes. I'd be excited to support you and be there for you as you get going on your mission to lose that 23 pounds I hope to hear from you soon!

Sarah
dremfindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 01:53 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Lauren... and welcome!

Glad you are here and I wish you success!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/225/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi and WELCOME!

I too am a college student with her own share of weight troubles, I think I actually LOST weight freshmen year though, I think just being in a new environment, mixed with not being "too comfortable" in my living situation and probably because I didn't stay up too late and/or drink a lot my first year.

Either way, best of luck, welcome to the boards!
Dreamer85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #6  
Laurelei

S/C/G: 168/168/145

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,
Thanks for all the support in the forum, I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that there are others out there who are struggling with weight and college at the same time. It is hard to find some healthy food to eat in the cafeteria that is also tasty. And its hard to find wholesome food also. Everything is so proccessed and pre-packaged here.
It would be great if I could get some encouragement from a buddy
-Lauren
laurelei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:31 AM   #7  
A Rose E'er Blooming

S/C/G: 234/234/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Lauren! The battle of the bulge is a toughy, I know. I went to college and started gaining the weight, so I can sympathize. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough or ready enough to get my life in control. (Now I am, though! I guess better late than never.)

Anyway, good luck on your venture!
Lillybet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/166/150

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lauren and welcome to college-life and 3FC!
Hang in there with college food, I'm right there with you on the chocolate cravings...I've found that it helps to journal my food intake, it's easier for me not to totally binge when I have to write everything down that I eat.
Have a great day!
hollycraft is offline   Reply With Quote