Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #1  
On My Way to Healthy!!!!

Default Intro!!!

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Amy and I am a 29 year old stay-at-home-homeschooling mom to two children. My dd is 5 and my ds is 10.

I have been struggling with being overweight for the last 8 or 9 years. I am currently considered morbidly obese by my Body Mass Index.

I was looking into having gastric bypass surgery. I found out this afternoon that my insurance does not cover it. I already had an appointment with my doctor so I kept it and asked her to help me lose weight.

I have tried all kinds of diets and pills. But I lacked support everytime. So hopefully this time will be better.

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Amy
kcsmom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome Amy! What did your doctor recommend?
You've come to the right place for support!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #3  
On My Way to Healthy!!!!

The doctor sorta, kinda said something about weight watchers and told me stuff I already knew.

I just can't afford weight watchers and I don't have the time to drive 30 minutes one way to get to a meeting. That is why I am not so gung-ho on that.

But I hope being able to get online and chat I can lose weight.

The doctor also checked my thyroid and for diabetes and my b-12 level. I should have those results by the end of the week. I have had them all checked before and there was no problem, so I don't expect them to be a problem this time.
kcsmom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:10 PM   #4  

Default great motivation

I stumbled across a great site from a young lady who has lost tons of weight and she has a great story and very good recipes.

Her web site is Aimeesadventures.com

Enjoy!
sheilawkenn is offline   Reply With Quote