Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #1  
More to Love

S/C/G: 321/321/180

Lightbulb Newbie :)

Hey Now!

I am a newbie to the board and would love to get a support buddy. I have alot of weight to lose. It is time that I became serious about it. My whole family has been nagging me to do it, and now I really think that I am ready. It is going to be very hard and I am scared shitless, but I think that I can do it! I have always struggled with my weight since puberty. I lost over 100 pounds once, but gained it all back and more when I went to college. (You gotta love alcohol, fries, and pizza..especially at 4am).

I never really talk about my weight problems to anyone in person. I don't know why. It feels good to do it here, amoung people that I know will not judge me.

I chose my name because even though I have a long journey ahead of me, I will always be a hottie

I look forward to becoming a member. I hope someone wants to adopt this newbie
redhotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome! I'm so glad you have an inner thinner you (the hottie) Let's let her out!

Do you have anything in mind or have you come to 3fc to search your options?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi redhotmama... welcome!

You are right... this is the place where we can "admit" our weight, as well as our fears and our goals... and share our excitement when we lost a pound or two.

LOL this morning I was SO excited when I stepped on the scales and it was down 2, esp. since I lost one Monday... and I could not WAIT until tonight to come on here and TELL someone and move that ticker over a bit to the right!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #4  
More to Love

S/C/G: 321/321/180

Thanks for the welcomes. I am researching some ideas on where to start. What works best for you?
redhotmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #5  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

You've come to a great place for support, advice & encouragement!!!

You CAN do this!!!!

All the best to you!!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 11:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotmama
Thanks for the welcomes. I am researching some ideas on where to start. What works best for you?

Nobody's going to be surprised if I say calorie counting! I love love love it!

Here's a synopsis of something I've read just lately. You must eat less, make sure it's good food, be more active and do some resisitance exercises.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 03:15 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

I am with Susan - calorie counting! I love love love it too!

oh and WELCOME!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:44 PM   #8  
the diva

S/C/G: 190/190/140

Cool

welcome welcome welcome
well i have tried just calorie counting and it didn't work for me but it makes sense that it works...
i swear by suzanne somers...somersizing is a great diet and there are lots of websites that have info and recipes for that...shoot i have a recipe that i came up w/for meatloaf that is to die for!
i am trying the 3 hour diet now and the home on this website has info on it (that's how i found y'all) hahaha
i don't know how much of a support i can be but i will try my best--i'm a newbie also--i can't always get on the puter b/c i have bad days where i can barely get out of bed or walk hahaha
good luck!!!
apollo chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:15 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8.5"

I don't do calorie counting either but obviously it works for a lot of people. The biggest thing for me was cutting out most of the processed foods, eating lots of fruits and veggies, and getting my butt out there moving.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote