Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-12-2006, 03:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Newbie/Would Like A BUddy

Hello everyone! I'm a newbie here and I'd like to have a buddy as well! I joined this website back in 2004 and I was able to drop from 204 to 160. Then I became pregnant with my now 1yr old son (I also have a 4 yr old daughter)and I gained 23 pounds with him. I was able to get back to about 165 after he came along and then I just stopped everything I was doing and went back to nursing school. Within the first 6 months of being back in school I gained 13 pounds and I've been in a rut. I recently started eating healthier and exercising and I've made it to 167 with a overall goal of 135. Since I had a lot of support last time, I thought it would be best to come back here and sign up again. So, I'm BACK!

So is there anyone who would like to buddy up with a 24 yr old, full time mom & wife, part time college student from Indiana who is ready to drop some LBs?
hoosier_dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:39 PM   #2  

Hi, I must say you did a great job! I am 24 and currently weighing 153lbs...but thats high for me due to my height which is 5'2". i should be weighing upto 115-120!

I did lose a lot (like 30 lbs)of weight 3-4 years back by this diet plan called "general motors diet"..its something like the cabbage soup diet. I did it with 3-4 of my friends and we all lost a lot of weight... after that I got married, stopped job for sometime and moved to a different country, had no friends/family and I guess I ate like a dog!

now, I have started running atleast 15 minutes a day for 4-5 days a week since the last 2 months, try to keep my diet in control (no suggar/fat)..but havent really lost any weight!

I think I really need a strict plan for myself and would love to have a weightloss buddy to do this!
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:37 AM   #3  

Wink

Thats great! I also need a strict plan for myself as well, because just last night I gave in to mu husband and kids' moaning for glazed donuts and went and bought them along with Mr Good bars and chocolate milk. Needless to say after all I did yesterday and all the exercising I did, it went down the drain when I gobbled up some of the donuts. So...I am sure I need a buddy who has a goal of losing the same ammount of weight as me, and it seems that you need to lose about the same amount! So if you would like to be my buddy you and PM on my yahoo instant messenger, its hoosier_dumplin

I hope to hear from you and keep up the good work!
Old 06-13-2006, 11:44 AM   #4  

hi I am also new and live in indiana wouldn't happen to live around Griffith would you? i am 28 mother of three and sahm. looking for a walking buddy. I am also suppose to be 115-120 because im 5' but im 160 sigh admitting it is the first step my im name is twoprincesoneprincessmom9 im me if you'd like
jenchic9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:47 PM   #5  

Hi hoosier and Jenchick...
I just came across a a board in our local park yesterday about swim lessons being offered for the summer. I am registering myself NOW! I didnt swim in the last 20 years or so and must learn and start swimming coz I have hammer toes and when I run/do aerobics, I land up with callouses on my toes!

once I take those lessons, I am planning to join our local aqua jogging and aqua aerobics team

I lost 1 pound when I checked my weight this morning! I am also planning to replace my lunch with slimfast hunger control shake. (atleast to begin with).

I would love to know whats going on with you gals! You can email me anytime on :

[email protected]

(cant use yahoo mess on this pc )
willmakeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #6  

Against my better judgement, I stepped on the scales this morning, just out of curiosity, to see if anything had changed. I was estatic to see I had dropped 3.5 pounds!!!! It seems like it has taken me forever, but I was thrilled to see that I am only four pounds away from my mini goal, which I want to meet by my anniversary on July 17. It really does help having a buddy to motivate me to exercise and eat right, and just by having the supoort there I was able to drop some weight! I can't tell you how happy this makes me, and how much seeing the scale change motivates me to go exercise right now, which I would do if I didn't have to leave to go get my kids. Good luck to everyone!
Old 06-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello and welcome!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote